The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

FS: Nikon's Best of the Breed - Real Gems

Both are beautiful.
  2. H

PANALEICA DG 100-400mm / F4.0-6.3

Spring 2016 lens announcement, winter 2016/2017 lens availability. Maybe.
  3. H

Minolta 200mm ƒ2.8 APO High Speed lens & Sony LA-EA4 adapter

There's a word that describes this relationship. It could be broken if you sold the lens to me.
  4. H

645Z Going wild!

the Pentax 67-645 adapters are usually quite good, depending on past use and there are some 67 lenses which do very well on 645 sensors. I like my 55, 105 and 400. Other folks have other likes.
  5. H

645Z Going wild!

although I am not Andy, I have adapted both Pentax 67 and Hasselblad V lenses to my Pentax digital body. I think I saw a Bronica SQ lens adapter once, somewhere. Working on codging together an adapter for Mamiya 645 to Pentax 645 but I need a Pentax extension tube. SK Grimes says they can do...
  6. H

Great fun with the Fuji S1-S5

what filter would I need for a S5 uv/ir to shoot normal colour? I have one sitting in a box somewhere. Along with the D200 twins(used old digital stuff is inexpensive, wish those antique Leicas were like that)
  7. H

Petition for Sigma micro 4/3

Want a m4/3rds Foveon ...
  8. H

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

Picked up mine a few hours ago. I would take it out of the box but some silly sporting event is in the way.
  9. H

Mamiya 300/2.8 - filters (#87 IR)

I am willing to bet that if you checked the specs on that lens, that it says it takes 46mm filters. The only problem is that some of those lenses take a unique thread - even if it is a common size. Best thing is to take your holder to someplace that has filters and see if a 46 fits. Take care...
  10. H

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

Ed, we hunted for a custom function to turn off the noise reduction but could not find it. We found it on a K3 but it was not in the same place or anywhere on the Z. With these pre-production bodies being shown, I think there will be a lot of changes made to the firmware before actual release...
  11. H

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

to me, the Z handles just like a D with a few more buttons. The tilt screen is nice but I wish it would reverse for safety's sake( haven't broken my D but did break an Olympus and scratched many others.) Since I don't shoot from Liveview much, it didn't interest me. Perhaps with time. The...
  12. H

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

so, next week-end I'm hoping to get to fondle a 645Z fully functional body. I missed it last week-end but I offered free lunch and a monkey if the Pentax people brought it to a camera shop trade show next week-end. I have a 645D and some lenses and plan on taking them with me. Anything...
  13. H

PENTAX 645D II

sent my 645D in for some work here in Canada. I think it went down east 2000 km. Had it back in 2 weeks. And that time included me shipping it north 600km extra to my dealer and them shipping it back. Vienna to Solm? We call that going for coffee.
  14. H

PENTAX 645D II

So, what was the focal length of the WA zoom?
  15. H

Lens question: Panasonic 100-300 and Olympus 50-200

I have been trying out my 50-200 on my EM-1 and so far, have not been impressed. The AF acquisition has been quite slow with a lot of hunting. Sharp images of fuzzy subjects just does't work for me. I will be working more with the combo as well as my other 4/3 lenses but so far ...
  16. H

My early impressions of the E-M1

Yes, the EM-1 is an operational improvement over the EM-5 and users of 4/3rds lenses should be very happy but the main reason I went m4/3rds was size and the increase in size kinda defeats the purpose so I am still on the fence?
  17. H

Tech cameras ... thinking of joining the insanity

David, I am in Calgary right now but unfortunately am flying out tomorrow for 3 weeks until October 11th. I will be in town for a couple of days when i return before heading back to Saskabush. Can I get in touch with you to maybe meet up that week-end?
  18. H

Where might a person find a good comparison of camera features?
  19. H

so, always eager to rush in, I am wondering how I could ease myself into tech camera usage? I would like to look at a low cost option to begin with as I have already sold the farm to get to where I am (hello, Mastercard, I have been meaning to call you ...) Okay, its not quite that bad.