The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. RGoldman

FS: Canon Ec-s focusing screen

I bought this for my 1DMKIV but just sold the body and never got around to installing this before I did. It is still sealed in the box it came in. $32 shipped and PP'd Con US
  2. RGoldman

Canon 1DMKIV

Absolutely mint 1D MKIV. I am the original owner. This was purchased from a US authorized dealer in January 2010. Shutter count is 5336 according to "eoscount" software. Camera still looks brand new and has been very lightly used and very well cared for. Most of my work for the last two years...
  3. RGoldman

Mamiya 150mm f/2.8, 80mm f/1.9, 120mm f/4, 210mm f/4, 2X N TC, Sigma 50-500mm OS

Selling off some gear to help pay for a big upcoming expense. I tore both meniscus in my knee and need surgery to repair them. 10K insurance deductible so all or most is out of pocket. Yea for US healthcare! First up is the one I will miss most. A Mamiya 150mm f/2.8 AF. Lens is perfect and razor...
  4. RGoldman

File info missing in cs5

When I try and open the file info in CS5 all I get is a white pane that I have to use the escape key to close. Does anyone know how to fix that problem? I have searched for hours and can't find the answer. Thanks, Ron
  5. RGoldman

Holiday Tradition Giveaway

In keeping with the annual holiday tradition of giving away a spot in an online food photography class, I am happy to announce the latest contest! Nothing to buy, no cost to enter. Just a chance to take the class for free. You can enter here...
  6. RGoldman

Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 OS APO DG Canon Mount

I am selling my "Bigma OS" for Canon mount. Lens was purchased new last year. USA version with 3 year warranty. I need to check if the warranty is transferable through Sigma. Very sharp lens and the OS works great. I have used this with a 1./4X as well with great image quality hand held at...
  7. RGoldman

Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS (v1)

I am selling my Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 IS lens. This is a VERY sharp copy and functions perfectly. Extremely sharp with both the 1.4x and 2xTC's also. I am the original owner. It was purchased from Adorama in 2003 and is the US version. Date code UQ. The lens has seen light use and I would rate...
  8. RGoldman

70-200mm f/2.8 IS II $400 off!

B&H has the new version of the 70-200mm lens for $400 off for a few more days. Quite a deal considering what teh lens was going for just a couple of months ago and everything else seems to be going up instead of down...
  9. RGoldman

World's smallest aquarium

Having some fun using a stopshot controller for high speed captures. 1DMKIV with a Mamiya 120mm macro and a single 550EX flash unit. One of the toughest shots I have managed to capture recently. The timing of the water drops, shutter, and flash firing comes down to a couple of milliseconds. That...
  10. RGoldman

FS: F4 Old Style Wimberley Head Bracket

Looks new. I have never used this and no longer have my Wimberley head so it needs to go. You can see what it looks like here: http://www.tripodhead.com/products/flash-bracket-telephoto-brackets.cfm New price is $186. I am selling this for $125 shipped and PP'd Con US only.
  11. RGoldman

Adorama 4 way macro focusing rail

This is one of the heavier metal Adorama macro rails made in Japan not the lightweight plastic one from China. Very minimal signs of use. Always shot with in the studio, never outside. Holds a 1DMKIV with a 180mm macro or the MP-E65mm macro lens rock solid even at odd angles. I had the best...
  12. RGoldman

WTB: Canon MT-24EX Flash

I am looking for a Canon MT-24EX Flash unit if anyone has one they want to sell. Haven't seen anything at a decent price or in good shape so I will be buying new in a few days if no one here has one! Thanks, Ron
  13. RGoldman

FS: Gitzo G2220 Explorer and Velbon Neo Carmagne 540 Tripod

I am selling two tripods having just replaced them with one that will do the job of both. The first is a Gitzo G2220 Explorer. It's the aluminum version of the explorer series. 3 leg sections, twist locks, spike feet under heavy rubber caps. I am the original owner and this has to be one of the...
  14. RGoldman

FS: Wimberley Flash Bracket/Macro arm modules

I have the individual modules, M1 Quick Release Arm, M2 Upright, M3 Tilt Arm, M4 Macro Arm, M5 Wimberley Head Module(old style), M6 Extension Post, and M8 Perpendicular Plate for sale. All look brand new with just the faintest marks at the attachment points from 1 time use. The current price...
  15. RGoldman

FS: Markins Q-Ball M10-Q

I have a Markins M10 ball head for sale. It has the knob style quick release plate on it. I am the original owner. There are a few scuff marks in the surface but they are not scratches or dings of any kind. I have tried to show them in the images. The most noticeable are right in the center of...
  16. RGoldman

Online food photography class giveaway

I am an instructor at ppsop.com, an online photography school and I am holding a drawing to give someone the chance to take one of my food photography classes for free along with some other great prizes. I love what I do and I love being able to share it with others. With the holidays upon us...
  17. RGoldman

Chance to win a free online food photography class

I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that we are giving away a free spot in the March session of "Introduction to Food Photography" at ppsop.com. The contest is open to anyone and all you need to do to enter is go to: http://sallycameron.com/ and post a comment under the main...
  18. RGoldman

Diagram software

Anyone know of a program that will allow me to make detailed lighting diagrams easily? I have found a couple of very basic ones online but they are not what I am looking for. Thanks! Ron
  19. RGoldman

Tethered shooting with 64bit OS

I am wondering if anyone here has been able to shoot tethered with a Phase One back using a 64bit OS (Vista or Win7)? I was finally able to get tethered shooting on an older computer with 32 bit XP today but would really like to avoid having to load a different OS onto both my work desktop and...
  20. RGoldman

Jury Duty

Ok.... so I get home Friday evening only to find ANOTHER jury duty summons in mail box. I understand it's our "civic duty" and all of that but come on.... This is the EIGHTH time I have been called since moving to this county in 1988. I have asked other people that live here and the majority of...