The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

Possible to use tilt on the new M?

With the option of live view, the M 240 opens up quite a few possibilities. I am interested in experimenting with tilt on my M but I am not too sure where to start so your advice would be appreciated. I am looking at long telephoto so the CanNikon T/S lenses aren't really suitable. Ruling out...
  2. C

A mistake on B&H? Which lens is pictured here?

The description says its the 50mm Summilux ASPH but the 50 'lux doesn't look like this. The picture looks more like a 50mm Summicron but with a 1.4 aperture. Any ideas? I'm guessing this is a mistake but I can't imagine why B&H would photoshop the two together? Leica Normal 50mm f/1.4 Summilux...
  3. C

FT: 50 Summilux ASPH for 35 Summilux ASPH

Hello, I am looking to trade my 50mm Summilux ASPH (Chrome) for your 35mm Summilux ASPH. I would prefer the FLE version but I am open to either. Obviously cash would be added as necessary depending on which version of the 35 and its condition. About my lens: I am the original owner, bought...
  4. C

WTB: 49mm Filters

Hi, I need to consolidate my collection of filters and so I would like to move to one thread size and use step up rings. Let me know what filters you have in 49mm (preferably B+W or similar brand). I am looking for circular polarizing filters, ND and colored filters for black and white. I am...
  5. C

WTB: Canon 24mm f/2.8 IS USM

Looking for a good condition Canon 24mm f/2.8 IS USM. PM me if you have one you'd like to sell. Please let me know your asking price and the condition of the lens. Thanks
  6. C

FT: Zeiss ZM 28mm Biogon for Fuji X100

Hi everyone I realize that not everyone is looking for this specific trade but maybe someone wants to try out a new lens and isn't using their X100. Especially considering that this lens will be right at home with other Leica lenses due to its 46mm filter size. I am looking for a straight...
  7. C

WTB: NEX to Leica M adapter

As the title says, im looking for a NEX to Leica M adapter. I prefer one of the better quality ones like those made by Novoflex but am open to others. Thanks
  8. C

Question about Focus Peaking on the NEX cameras

I was wondering how accurate the focus peaking is in the NEX cameras, specifically the NEX 7. I am sure it will yield sharp focus but I guess what I am more curious about is its sensitivity. For example, if you had a razor thin DOF (say with the Noct) and you're shooting a portrait, would you be...
  9. C

FS: Leica M9 & Zeiss ZM 28mm

After much thought I have decided to sell my beloved M9. Shutter count is 6500 and it is gray/silver in color. Comes with a warranty up until December of this year. I will aid the buyer in case any issues arise because Leica warranties are non-transferable in the USA. The camera was serviced by...
  10. C

Need some advice on Nikon Coolscan repair

Hi Due to some frustrating circumstances, my Nikon Coolscan 4000 is in need of repair. Does anyone know of some places that will be able to do this for me? (Preferably in the USA) Thanks
  11. C

FS: 50mm Summicron (latest) and 18mm Zeiss ZM Distagon w/Finder

I am shuffling around my lenses as I have some new gear coming in. Prices are a little lower than what the same lenses have recently gone for. Please feel free to ask any questions. 50mm Summicron (Black) with the slide out hood. This comes with paperwork (Instructions and signed Test...
  12. C

FS: Leica M9

I have a silver Leica M9 for sale here. The body is in great condition, and has been very well taken care of. I have not had time to use it in the last few months and it is with huge regret that I put this up for sale. I cannot see myself having more free time within the next 8 months and so I...
  13. C

FS: Black 90mm Elmarit-M 6-Bit (Latest)

I have been waiting for one of these for a while and got two at about the same time. I am returning the more expensive one to Adorama tomorrow unless anyone here wants it. Not looking to make a profit so I'll include the receipt for proof. It is in the same condition that i received it in...
  14. C

WTB: MacBook Air

Looking for a decent condition MacBook Air. I prefer the 13" but am open to the 11". This is a backup laptop for me so it doesnt have to have great specs or be the latest model or anything. Thanks
  15. C

Exciting things to come from Adobe Photoshop

So you think that blurry photos are no good? Well, it looks like Adobe has done some extraordinary development and has come up with an anti-blur update for Photoshop. Release date not yet known but still some pretty exciting stuff. What do you think...
  16. C

WTB: 18mm Finder

Looking for an 18mm viewfinder to go with my M9 and 18mm ZM. Don't mind if its Zeiss or Voigtlander equivalent but probably won't jump for a Leica. Let me know what you have, Thanks
  17. C

WTB: 90mm Elmarit (Latest Version)

Looking for the latest version 90mm Elmarit. Let me know if you have one for sale. Thanks
  18. C

FS: 90mm Elmar-C $200

I have a very well taken care of 90mm Elmar-C for sale here. It has served me very well and I don't think you can beat its value for money. Cosmetically the body is in really great shape. I can't find any issues with body or paint but this lens is old and I am NOT going to say that it is mint...
  19. C

FS: B+W UV IR Cut Filters

I have two B+W UV IR filters for sale, both like new. I will cover shipping ConUS. Black 46mm B+W F-PRO UV IR CUT MRC (Multi-Resistant Coating) $50 Silver 39mm B+W 486 UV IR CUT MRC (Multi-Resistant Coating) $45 Thanks for looking!
  20. C

FS: Nikon Coolscan 4000 Film Scanner

I am moving to digital only and so my Nikon Coolscan 4000 is going up for sale. The scans from this are brilliant and it is in great condition with little to no signs of use. I will be sad to see this go and to end my film shooting for now but I need to free up the cash for other equipment...