The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. LonnaTucker

An optical mystery from adapted Mamiya N 43mm f/4.5 L lens

Rob, Good to hear it’s now worked out! Also, have you tried carrying the Universalis in a messenger style shoulder bag? I’ve done this for faster setups in urban settings and the camera can be carried with a lens and GFX mounted, basically setup and ready to shoot quickly.
  2. LonnaTucker

A big 'thumb up' for the Arca-Swiss' R&D team

Observedlight, Rob is correct above, but I would add that the greatest advantage of a digital back over a mirrorless camera is the full range of wide angle technical lenses can be utilized. Also, the view camera can move freely without mirrorless camera grip interference.
  3. LonnaTucker

An optical mystery from adapted Mamiya N 43mm f/4.5 L lens

Hi Rob, I was wondering if you are trying to use internal focusing lenses on a view camera (like the Mamiya) without consideration of the flange focal distance of the lens? It's a common mistake to use IF lenses on a view camera without that consideration. This is a different process than using...
  4. LonnaTucker

Optical viewfinder for Tech cameras

Sorry for the double post. I haven't posted photos for a long while. Also, Steve at CI can order these.
  5. LonnaTucker

Optical viewfinder for Tech cameras

For the photographer that makes site visits with clients or prefers to scout locations before production, the Arca-Swiss VarioFinder is extremely helpful. This accessory is an optical viewfinder that mounts into the accessory shoe on the R-line camera or can be removed for scouting without...
  6. LonnaTucker

looking for tripod/ballhead for tech camera

I’m a tech camera user now, but spent decades using view cameras in 4x5 and 4x10 formats. For commercial work on location, my assistant would usually set up a wind break with C-stands flying a Matthews 4x4 floppy (4x4 frame opens to a 4x8). Also great to keep hot sun off the camera. On another...
  7. LonnaTucker

FrankenKamera VIII is operational and ready to go!

Very sad to hear about Jeff. I’m not sure I am allowed to post a link here, but will try. This is posted by Francesco Fragomeni, a friend and fellow classmate of Jeff, who met at RodK‘s View Camera class at SCC. After all the passing years, Francesco and Jeff remained friends with mutual...
  8. LonnaTucker

Hasselblad CFV II 50C and LCC?

I'm testing the new Hasselblad DB, and yesterday I processed some files through Phocus. Have to say - what a disappointment that software is. I also regularly use Capture One and now Lightroom, but have only processed LCC reference frames with applied corrections using Capture One and Leaf...
  9. LonnaTucker

Hasselblad CFV II 50C and LCC?

I'm late to this thread, but I use Rm3di too. Arca now has a rotating adapter plate for the Rm3di to mount GFX 50R. This combination works with any Hasselblad V lens, Canon lens, and Pentax 645 manual lens using the R-line bayonet adapters for each lens brand. LCC not required with internal...
  10. LonnaTucker

New Hassy on the way?

I recently saw the prototype GFX adapter for the Arca-Swiss Rm3di. Due to the Arca-Swiss modular design, the same adapter can fit to Arca 6x9 view cameras and with a bayonet adapter the R-lenses can mount to their view cameras. The Arca-Swiss GFX adapter has a rotating feature with a detent for...
  11. LonnaTucker

New Cambo Offerings - Late 2018 Edition

Universalis and M-two work well with the Fuji GFX and Canon lenses. (the GFX 50R has even more room to shift towards the grip). Arca's camera design only need format conversion pieces instead of a second camera. DSLR, medium format film, MF digital backs and 4x5 film are all possible. Here is...
  12. LonnaTucker

Progress on tech cam/Copal shutter cable for IQ4?

Zero latency isn’t ideal where I live in the southwest. The longer the DB is active in ready to shoot mode heat builds up and causes the captures to be noisier, even at low ISO and shorter exposures.
  13. LonnaTucker

WTB: Contax 645 IQ180/280 digital back

Hi Alan, Mine is Aptus 65. I believe that Capture Integration had bought the remaining Contax mount digital backs a few years ago. It might be worth a try to see what is left in their inventory.
  14. LonnaTucker

WTB: Contax 645 IQ180/280 digital back

I have an Aptus Contax mount DB for sale with 2 Contax 645 bodies and almost all the Contax 645 lenses. DM me if you have any interest.
  15. LonnaTucker

Protection for Alpa lenses

I've posted this before in a thread a few years back -- Simple food storage containers are excellent for protecting your tech or view camera lenses. They can be water tight and keep the dust off and most are clear so you can see through to the contents within. The hard sides keep your wide...
  16. LonnaTucker

The great tripod & head thread!

This is not true. Julian Couval is a designer at Arca-Swiss who has been there 10 years or more, working with Mr P. Vogt and with Martin. Another brother, Sam Vogt, still collaborates in design and manufactures products. Some reorganizing of responsibilities after the loss of Martin is expected...
  17. LonnaTucker

Tech Camera Stitching & Tripod Head

No one has mentioned that top panning is essential for accurate rotational stitching. Arca-Swiss have this capability even on the smallest and most affordable P0 series monoball heads. Double pan, meaning the tripod head pans at the base of the head for rough composition and then separately pans...
  18. LonnaTucker

Tech Camera Stitching & Tripod Head

No one has mentioned that top panning is essential for accurate rotational stitching. Arca-Swiss have this capability even on the smallest and most affordable P0 series monoball heads. Double pan, meaning the tripod head pans at the base of the head for rough composition and then separately pans...
  19. LonnaTucker

Rodenstock 40hr strange flare?

Same for me and I have used my 40 HR with the Aptus II 80 back without ever seeing this problem. I've shifted left and right with an additional rise movement for stitching purposes until the hard disk shows up, but never seen the other bands you are dealing with. You may need to send both your...
  20. LonnaTucker

Anyone still shooting Alpa with... FILM?

No, 6X12 is not possible on Alpa or Cambo. Arca-Swiss, has the advantage here with their R-Line camera design, and the ability to shoot 6X9 film backs with Rm3di and Rm2d. With the RL3di, up to 4X5 film is possible, so 6X12 would work with this body only. Cambo and Alpa work with 6X7 only.