The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. O

Better combo

The 24-70 GM seems to be making friends as a landscape lens. If I were to choose from what I have in my closet I might go A7r2 with the Sony 16-35/4 and the Sony 70-200/4. It is a great combo and not too much for me to carry on a good day. Or, I may take just the RX10iii with the amazing...
  2. O

Fun with the RX-1R II

It appears that the price of the Rx1r2 has recently skyrocketed. The same sites that eagerly promote every $5 sale on any Sony item as if it is breaking world news appear to have chosen not to publicize this enormous increase. I don't recall any increase of this magnitude on any other camera...
  3. O

Fun with the RX-1

I am in lust with this picture. It is one of those perfect images I rarely see and even more rarely take. And after weeks in Europe, eating crazy good Italian food, this American standard looks ravishing. I am wondering though, why shoot with the RX1 when you have the RXr2? As an RX1...
  4. O

Sony G Master 70-200mm f/2.8

I'll go with actual photos. They are excellent.
  5. O

Sony (EU) price hikes

Looks like it is $3,300 from BHPhoto in the US I have recently seen open box new RX1R2's for under $3,000 Sustaining a 30% price differential between continents seems difficult to me Luckily, there are great high end P&S options widely available Frankly, with any modern gear, I am finding it...
  6. O

Deleted

Early nerdly evaluations point towards this being one of the best 50's from a pixel peeping standpoint ever made. HaHaHa Beautiful Fast Beautiful Fast Damn
  7. O

Ricoh Theta S is the world's best travel camera

My Theta images from Venice just put you right there. My friends and family were blown away by the immediacy and sense of really being there that they got even from standard iPhone viewing without VR headsets. Yes, I still carry an old school digital camera but I will never travel without...
  8. O

Deleted

I like the images I have seen thus far with the new 50/1.4 whereas I am not a fan of the 55/1.8. And, I my 35/1.4 FE is great so I am hopeful about this new lens as well. A question for me is, the 50/1.4 or the 85/1.4 GM? Big, lovely porky lenses. I love big bokeh I will not lie.
  9. O

Deleted

This is the 50mm FE lens I have been waiting for. It's everything I like. Fast, beautiful and ... Nope, that covers everything I like. Fast and Beautiful
  10. O

Sony G Master 70-200mm f/2.8

It is top notch. Using Eye Detect AF puts it in a unique category which is not attainable with adapted lenses. Of course, the big 70-200 GM has now been priced and the lens with TC's can all be pre-ordered for just ~$4,000.
  11. O

$3,500.00! FE 70-200 mm F2.8 GM OSS

B & H reports price not available.
  12. O

Where are the 100mm F2 lenses for shooting headshots?

I would either consider: 1. 85GM or Batis and crop or use on an a6300 2. Use the forthcoming 70-200GM at 2.8 3. Use the great 90/2.8 Any of theses will deliver excellent headshots.
  13. O

A9 Rumor: Clickbait or Possible

Re: Clickbait-2: The Plot Clickens I love the details about the beta tester. It makes it all so much more believable. Lie about 72MP, sure but lie about red hair, never. I really would like a fast AF, high fps, huge buffer A9 camera. I hope it comes out tomorrow or later today. And while...
  14. O

I'd like to bring this thread back to it's original topic, the A9. I'm not sure an A9 would interest me as much now that the a6300 sports camera is in my possession, although I always want a bigger buffer, so maybe ... I do have a few thoughts though. It is a joy to just have one battery...
  15. O

Anytime you are in Los Angeles I will treat you to cake. Or a classic, old school burger and pie. Or really anything. I am leaving for Germany on Monday and bringing home gummies. Apparently, Germany leads the world in gummy bear technology. I hope to snag a couple of passable photos...
  16. O

New 24-70 New 85 New a9 All that Or cake Can't afford both. Hmm, $10,000 of new gear on one hand. On the other, a tasty three berry concoction with buttercream frosting. I need a moment. -Bill
  17. O

Lensrentals on the 24-70 GM

What those simple charts fail to show is how really edible the Sony images are. Tasty, tasty, tasty. Also with IS on an A7 body. But, no fluorine coating and priced $500 more than Canon. Really? Sony is delivering gear we want at highjack prices. Seriously, Nikon and Canon are just...
  18. O

Sony 24-70 F2.8 GM Tests

From what I am seeing here and at FM and elsewhere this looks to top the heap of 24-70 zooms for any system. Sony is on their game with the GM glass. All three lenses are very desirable. Zeiss needs to step it up in the zoomy lens arena. Sony is showing them their tail lights. -Bill
  19. O

G Master lenses - 24-70mm f/2.8, 85mm f/1.4 & 70-200mm f/2.8

I have cancelled my pre-order on both the 10mm Voightlander and the 85mm GM as I reassess what I need going forward. But I stand by my feeling that the 85 GM will be a spectacular portrait lens. The reports of noisy focus are troubling. -Bill
  20. O

Going to Munich. Any ideas?

Thank you for your wonderful response. My schedule has just been finalized and I see that I am going to have precious little free time in your great city. It appears I will have but a single day to explore. I imagine I will go to one or two of the world class museums. I expect to bring only...