The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. O

Ricoh Theta S is the world's best travel camera

My Theta images from Venice just put you right there. My friends and family were blown away by the immediacy and sense of really being there that they got even from standard iPhone viewing without VR headsets. Yes, I still carry an old school digital camera but I will never travel without...
  2. O

Going to Munich. Any ideas?

I will be in Munich for a few days next month. I thought possibly a few people here may have some thoughts about places to go, cameras to take, lenses to bring, food to eat or pretty much anything interesting. -Bill
  3. O

Fun with a6300

I am picking up mine in 3 days. This camera is going to open doors for me with its fast frame rate and super AF. I have been shooting sports with my NX1 and my Sony A7r2 but now, for action shots, I will replace both of those with the amazing a6300. It is going to be super with the 70-200/4...
  4. O

Leica X-U vs Nikon AW1

Anyone that owns the Nikon AW1 planning on adding the Leica? I have used the Nikon a fair bit on vacations including while diving and have been quite satisfied with it's IQ. It is a fair step up from my GoPro for stills. The Nikon also focuses very quickly and has a nice burst function. I...
  5. O

Voightlander 10 mm

Anyone else preorder this lens? I have a possible trip to Europe coming up this summer and I love wide angle lenses. I was going to take my 16-35/4 FE but now I am not sure. I am thinking this 10mm beasty will let me get images I have never been able to obtain before while still allowing me...
  6. O

Nikon buys Samsung camera tech?

Nikon may have bought the great Samsung tech. mirrorlessrumors - The number one resource for mirrorless digital camera news! As an owner of the terrific Samsung NX1 and a former D4/D800 owner I can only say I hope this is true. From sensors to chipsets there is a ton of tech coming from...
  7. O

Rx1r2

Well, it looks amazing. Built in EVF, 42MP BSI sensor, variable low pass filter, phase detection AF, uncompressed RAW ... I did not even know I WANTED a variable low pass filter. Sony is pushing the technology. And I like it. -Bill
  8. O

Possible D750 security flaw

According to NikonRumor Nikon D750 uses an unsecured Wi-Fi network, anyone can download your pictures Read more on NikonRumors.com: Nikon D750 uses an unsecured Wi-Fi network, anyone can download your pictures | Nikon Rumors This sounds awful. Hopefully, it is either incorrect or easily...
  9. O

Leica MM meets Nikon D800E

A B&W shoot out. May 10, Part 3: Bayer vs. non-Bayer: Leica M-Monochrom vs. Nikon D800E -Bill Fashion meets Fighting April 2012 – Bill Fulcher |
  10. O

M9 Action Photos

My photography exhibition COLLISION opened last week to a crowd of several hundred at Hatakeyama Gallery in Los Angeles. A few images of the opening night are posted here: Hatakeyama Gallery - Photographic Services & Equipment, Photographer - Los Angeles, CA | Facebook A few fighters were on...