The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Feeler: Sony ZA 50mm 1.4 and 35mm FE

Perhaps for people out of the states, part of the reason is currently the US$ is too strong against other currencies.
  2. M

WTB I think: Sony 50mm f/1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T* ZA Lens

I haven't been really following Sigma but I think you are correct. Lately not much excitement for A mount, not even from Sony itself. If you don't mind the speed, Minolta 50/1.4 (or the Sony 50/1.4) is actually not a bad lens. It should be faster on your A77II.
  3. M

WTB I think: Sony 50mm f/1.4 Carl Zeiss Planar T* ZA Lens

You can use A on E with adapter but I am afraid not the other way round. Getting a Canon mount also means you are restricted to use it on your E mount camera.
  4. M

A thank you note

Thank you and Happy Birthday getdpi.
  5. M

Positive Feedback

Items: Leica R 135/2.8, 35/2.8 Buyer: cunim Seller: me Smooth transaction, good communication. Items arrived as described.
  6. M

FS: Leica R 100mm with Elpro and 105-280mm

Unless Victor have another Elpro & 100mm, if not, both are not available any more.
  7. M

Positive Feedback

Now that I am at this page. Another purchase few months ago: Seller: gogopix (Victor) Buyer: Me Item: Leica R 100mm with ELPRO Positive experience. Thanks, Victor.
  8. M

Positive Feedback

Seller:Guy Mancuso Buyer Me Item: Zeiss 28mm F2 Great communication and fast shipping. Lens arrived as described. Thanks, Guy.
  9. M

Underwater

Interesting shots. Are you not even slightly worry water will go in the bag? By the way, are you using flash in some of the photos above?
  10. M

Sony a77 and AF micro adjust

Yes, this will be the same way I will be doing to check for lens accuracy if I have an A77. After that you can also check the image in the monitor if you want. But I don't really think it is necessary.
  11. M

Let's get some things straight RE: Condition

Photos of the real thing bring a lot of weight. But I once bought a lens from a seller (not from this forum), who purposely tried to hide the fault of the lens - a one inch crack in the glass. The photo was taken in an angle such that you can only vivid see it if you know where to look. It was a...
  12. M

5N with Rokkor 50mm 1.4 3200 ISO

If it is better than 5D at 3200 this means Sony has improve a lot in its high ISO department.
  13. M

Sony A77

The wait is finally over. Sony has formally announced the A77. More info at http://dpreview.com/previews/sonyslta77/.
  14. M

Free service in jeopardy?

I am not very active here but I read all these with much interest. It is good we are discussing this out, not behind closed door. I am sure at the end, we will come out with a method that is tailored for this forum.
  15. M

Crazy? Canon 1DIV to Sony A900

This is my hope also as I started with film cameras but I don't think this OVF will stay much longer in Sony's camp after the introducing the SLT. My guess is it is cheaper and less challenging to produce EVF compared to OVF.
  16. M

Crazy? Canon 1DIV to Sony A900

How do you find the viewfinder of A900 compared to other fullframe from Canon and Nikon? What is your experience in using manual focusing with Sony A900 compared to Canon/Nikon?
  17. M

FS: Sony A850 + Zeiss 2.8/24-70 ZA

Yes, best zoom currently on market.
  18. M

Can you trust Paypal for overseas sales

Not too sure what do you mean by confirm. I type the word "confirm" through the Help at paypal and these are the outcome: 1. What is a confirmed address? 2. How do I get Verified? 3. How do I confirm an address? 4. What does it mean if a seller or buyer is Verified or Unverified? 5. How do...
  19. M

Can you trust Paypal for overseas sales

According to paypal in order to get verified, one needs to: 1. Confirm email address. 2. Add a credit card or debit card to paypal account 3. Link and confirm card...
  20. M

Sony ZA 24-70/2.8 opinions solicited re: landscape

Let's hope Sony doesn't do something stupid.