The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. I

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Fun with random strangers who walk into the frame and then stick around? IWM North by Jason Hindle, on Flickr I think I exploited him pretty ruthlessly.
  2. I

One of the nice things about using flash more often is that those initial indoor test shots, when acquiring a new toy, are that bit easier. Saw it in the window of my local London Camera Exchange, today. There were two of them. I bought the more expensive of the two as it had two thirds less...
  3. I

Fun With Sony Cameras

So, with all the excitement of getting a bargain (ish) Pen F, on eBay, I've not been given the A7II a lot of love of late. From last weekend with love (and some help from C1 Pro for Sony): IWM North + Lowry by Jason Hindle, on Flickr IWM North by Jason Hindle, on Flickr IWM Morth by Jason...
  4. I

A few from the Sunday walk... Local boozer - rough old place (wouldn't be seen in there). Three Legs of Man by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Manchester's tallest building will be less than half the height of the World Trade Center. The locals call this new district the Manchattan skyline...
  5. I

Room 82 redux.... And hi res.... And with the old FL-36R mounted on the Pen F. Was quite surprised that hi res mode will support flash. Taking the photo does take some time though. Room 82 by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Full res image for interested pixel peepers...
  6. I

New Olympus High End m43 Camera

Review now up on dpreview. It got a solid silver. And if anyone thinks the EVF is too far behind the curve, the reviewer disagrees (the engineering decision behind it works well). IMHO, Olympus need to deliver two things to this camera, via firmware update: i) normal C-AF improved a little...
  7. I

New Olympus High End m43 Camera

Post from an appreciative plane photographer on another forum I frequent. http://e-group.uk.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50506
  8. I

A little fun with high res. I’m glad I experimented - it’s gotten me using a tripod again. Siesta by Jason Hindle, on Flickr 80MP raw, downsampled to 60MP, cropped and finished off. Link to original for those who like to pixel peep...
  9. I

Oh dear. That's surely a real schoolboy error in the photography world.
  10. I

There is something about having a wander around a none touristy Spanish city during Siesta. It won’t last, I suspect. The very pleasant Arrecife is just a short bus ride (or three hour walk, along the coast, as I desperately need the exercise) from two of Lanzarote’s three major resorts. And...
  11. I

Surf's up.... Famara Beach by Jason Hindle, on Flickr
  12. I

m43 first signs of death - hopefully not!!!

The GX9 makes something of a joke of recent Olympus marketing decisions. It can often be had for not a lot more than the E-PL9 (which itself is somewhat inferior to the older Panasonic GX85). Panasonic got the balance right and won the argument. Pity it’s come to this; the Pen F is the nicest...
  13. I

Some random recents... Pair of Rowers by Jason Hindle, on Flickr ISO 80 is more useful/usable than you think... The Ever Changing City by Jason Hindle, on Flickr A favourite boozer (from a play with Olympus Workspace)... The Salisbury by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Finally.... Finally.... I...
  14. I

Fun With Sony Cameras

A flash noob has a little fun with, erm, flash. The Easter Treat by Jason Hindle, on Flickr
  15. I

Mount Fuji Active … 📸

Amazon has a bit of a fire sale on Fuji's likeable, if compromised, XF-10 just after Christmas. I can never resist a bargain, so now I shoot Fuji also... Some random snaps. Lowry Mono by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Detroit Bridge Mono by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Arrecife Old Harbour by Jason...
  16. I

First time here in a while (work has been crazy). So, guess who picked up a bargain Pen F? Impulse buy I really shouldn't have made given all the economic and political uncertainties here.... But I'm not getting any buyers remorse (or post purchase dissonance if you happen to be sporting an...
  17. I

Fun With Sony Cameras

A few snaps from my Sunday walk, yesterday. A7II and FE 2/28. All processed in C1 and finished in Photoshop. Longford Park by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Longford Park by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Edge Lane by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Longford Park by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Honk! by Jason...
  18. I

From my neck of the woods. With the E-M5 and 12-40. All snaps processed form raw in Lightroom CC and Snapseed. NV Buildings and Media City by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Crossing Detroit Bridge by Jason Hindle, on Flickr From Detroit Bridge by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Detroit Bridge #2 by...
  19. I

Fun at the RAF 100 event. E-M5 and 12-40, on a dreary day. BAe Typhoon/RAF 100 by Jason Hindle, on Flickr BAe Typhoon by Jason Hindle, on Flickr BAE Typhoon by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Supermarine Spitfire by Jason Hindle, on Flickr Hawker Siddeley Harrier by Jason Hindle, on Flickr
  20. I

Fun With Sony Cameras

Say hello to Altea, a beautiful old Town on Spain’s Costa Blanca. You can see Benidorm, from here, but I suspect most of the revellers don’t know Altea exists. I visited early June, and this is the first chance I’ve had to spend some quality time with Capture One and Photoshop. A7II and FE...