The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. B

FS: Panasonic GH2 w/14-42 kit lens, great condition, $679 shipped CONUS

Selling my Panasonic GH2 with the kit 14-42 zoom lens. I've recently purchased a Fuji X system, and I don't shoot enough video to justify keeping this. Camera: The GH2 is a 16 megapixel Micro 4/3 camera that can take a wide variety of excellent lenses from Panasonic, Olympus, Sigma, and...
  2. B

Long zoom lens question

Thanks, yes it provides more helpful info. Appreciate it.
  3. B

Long zoom lens question

Greetings, We have the Panasonic 45-200 zoom. It's perfectly nice as a consumer level zoom lens, and my wife uses it all the time for close up shots in the garden. I'm looking at the 100-300 zoom and wondering if anyone who has both would care to comment on the differences. It looks like the...
  4. B

Fun with Panasonic GH3

Yeah. I sold some personal gear and bought the 12-35/2.8 for my GH2, thinking I'd use it as a carry-around camera at work and as my main travel/personal system. My lovely wife tried the zoom a couple of times, and now it's permanently attached to her new G5. So I guess I need to either suck it...
  5. B

Anyone have G5 yet?

I just got back from shooting a church service, using my wife's G5 on silent mode. Man, that thing rocks -- totally and completely silent.
  6. B

Fun with the Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8

I have the Panasonic 12-35, and I'm about ready to get the 35-100. At that point I can shoot some significant portion of my work assignments with the Micro 4/3 system. A quarter? Half? Not sure, but it's going to be a huge help for my poor old aching back. I'm already shooting all my stitched...
  7. B

Anyone have G5 yet?

There are several online dealers right now offering the G5 with the kit lens for the same or slightly lower price than the body only. Amazon comes to mind. We just upgraded my wife from the G1 to the G5, and I'm seriously tempted to get one as a second camera to my GH2. The still image quality...
  8. B

State of mFT today

Yup, agreed on both counts. Shot for ten days in France with exactly that kit and didn't want anything else. A new G5 just showed up from Amazon, bought used/LN from Warehouse Deals for <$400US with the kit zoom. This replaces my wife's original G1. The feature set is very similar, but the...
  9. B

Fun with Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f1.8

Don't bang your head. Keep the zoom. It's an excellent lens - with my full-size (oversize?) Canon digital cameras, the 70-200mm zoom is my most used lens. I have four of them. (Yeah, I have a problem...) Really, though, I'm working on the same question that you are right now - get the 75 or the...
  10. B

Surprising (Good) Performance From G3 at iso 6400

Got a GH2 just before the holidays. Just for kicks I shot a photo of my daughter in her room, lit only by the glow of her laptop screen. ISO 6400, wide open with the 20mm panny lens. The file is somewhat underexposed, and looks pretty rough even with a fair amount of noise reduction in...
  11. B

card for GH2

Thanks, that's what I thought. Didn't think there'd be such a difference between the original G-series and the GH2, considering the modest increase in file size.
  12. B

card for GH2

Greetings, Just bought at GH2 and notice that it takes a long time to write raw files to my usual Sandisk Ultra cards. Those cards are fine with my GF1 and G1, but noticeably slow with the GH2. Has anyone tested the newer cards like the Sandisk Extreme class 10? Is there a significant speed...
  13. B

Lens hood for Olympus 12 f2 & 45 f1.8

I bought the 37mm screw-in silver hood for my 45/1.8. Looks nice and performs well. For nine bucks, what's not to like?
  14. B

Best RRS Plate for Panasonic G3

I use one of the small multipurpose rails on my GF1 and GH2. It fits very well on the GH2, and allows me to fully open the battery compartment. Might be a little large and bulky on a G3.
  15. B

Best RRS Plate for Panasonic G3

I use one of the small multipurpose rails on my GF1 and GH2. It fits very well on the GH2, and allows me to fully open the battery compartment. Might be a little large and bulky on a G3.
  16. B

Replacement for standard shoulder strap?

I like the Upstrap, though I have not tried one on a m4/3 camera yet. The smaller version should work. The main advantage for me is that the strap absolutely does not slide off the shoulder, no matter what sort of contortions I perform. This is a crucial feature for me at work. For my GF1, I...
  17. B

I don't believe I'm so clumsy

What baudolino said. It's just a lens, it'll be fine. The plastic lens cap is unlikely to do any noticeable damage unless it's jammed into the lens with some force. A real UV filter is useful in situations with a lot of UV light, like high altitude photography. But most inexpensive glass "UV"...
  18. B

m4/3 portrait set-up - hail the 45/1.8!

Awesome work, Don. I'm still waiting not-so-patiently for my 45 to arrive.
  19. B

Bogen tripod 190cxpro3 for Panny G!

I have that Bogen tripod, it's okay. I use a big carbon Gitzo for work, and as you say it's hard to go with anything else. The 190 is reasonably light, but it's not tall enough for me. I'm also looking for a travel 'pod for my m4/3 gear, and I think I'll try the Feisol travel tripod. They make...
  20. B

Looking for a quality short tele for a good price

Found another one in my gear closet. This is an old Tamron 90mm f/2.5 macro lens, Adaptall mount, using a Canon FD Adaptall mount and an FD>m4/3 adapter. Shot at f/5.6, ISO 200, 1/125 sec handheld using a GF1. Not ideal shooting conditions, but not a terrible result. I think this one becomes my...