The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Fun with the Fuji X-T100

The latest of Fuji's Bayer cameras - the X-T100. With the new kit lens (XC 15-45) XTCF0018 by Lee Davis, on Flickr XTCF0197 by Lee Davis, on Flickr One with the 35mm f/1.4: XTCF0104 by Lee Davis, on Flickr Above were processed in LR Classic CC. This defaults to sharpening 40, which is...
  2. S

Sharpness of embedded images

I find that if i embed images in posts they are not as sharp as they look when viewed locally on my computer. I have tried embedding from Zenfolio, 500px and from the getup gallery. I am saving my pics with width 1200 pixels. How come other people's look pretty sharp? Are there any tips for...
  3. S

Sigma Quattro Images

I thought maybe a good idea to put all the Quattro images in one thread, given the scarcity!? This one is DP1Q. I tried it, wasn't sure, sent it back. However, I think I am changing my mind. Lee
  4. S

FS (UK): Fuji WCL-X100, Silver

I have a silver wide conversion lens for the X100 series. I purchased it from a UK seller on ebay earlier this year. It was in excellent condition then and still is now. Myself and the original owner have only used it a few times. It comes with the original box, end caps etc. There are no...
  5. S

FS (UK): Sigma DP3 Merrill + Voigtlander 75mm VF + LH1-03 hood

I have the following for sale: Sigma DP3 Merrill Voigtander 75mm viewfinder Sigma LH1-03 lens hood Instruction manual Original box + all standard accessories including 2 batteries Around 201 exposures only Sigma do not produce an accessory optical viewfinder for the DP3M but the one from...
  6. S

FS (UK): Sigma DP1 Merrill + VF-11 Viewfinder + LH-01 hood

I have the following for sale: Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma VF-11 Viewfinder Sigma LH1-01 lens hood Original box + all standard accessories including 2 batteries, battery charger, strap, instruction manual etc Only 179 exposures made. The viewfinder is Sigma’s own optical viewfinder that sits in...
  7. S

FS: Panasonic GX 7 + 14-42mm black (UK Sale)

I have a Panasonic GX7 + 14-42mm black for sale, including leather case and spare battery. I have had it about a month, less than 150 shots taken. It's a great camera but I just prefer my existing Fuji X system, so wish to sell it. Is anybody interested? I am based in Devon, UK and would...
  8. S

OVF or EVF for the XF 14mm

Hi all I was just wondering whether those that have the 14mm lens use the OVF or EVF or a mixture? My understanding is that the 14mm just about fills the entire OVF frame. If so, how do you cope with parallax shift and the corrected AF frame or is the view so wide it doesn't matter much? Or...
  9. S

FS: Panasonic GX7 + 14-42mm, Black (UK sale)

I have a black GX7 with 14-42 kit lens for sale. It is just over 3 weeks old, in mint condition and has taken less than 150 images. All with original box and accessories, receipt etc £699, with RMSD being an extra £25. I am based in Devon if you are able to visit. I have applied for the free...
  10. S

Photo Ninja Supporting X-Trans

I haven't seen it mentioned here so I thought I would share this link Latest pre-release version of Photo Ninja Photo Ninja is a raw converter and now has preliminary support for X trans. For anyone 'plagued' by the X trans foliage (and other fine detail) rendering issue I would give it a...
  11. S

Interesting link re Iridient Developer

Apologies if this has been posted before but it was new to me and I thought it would be of interest: The best RAW Developer just got better. | The Camera Forum Lee
  12. S

Lyn image viewer - for Sigma X3F

Has anyone tried Lyn? It's a basic image browser/viewer for Mac. It recognises Sigma X3F files, will display EXIF info and you can view the image with it and zoom to 100%. It clearly uses the embedded JPEG and isn't processing the RAW but it is an incredibly quick way to scan a card full of...
  13. S

Hoodman Loupe or Sigma Viewfinders?

I am really enjoying my DP2M, so much so that I am tempted to reward it with a sibling as a companion. Sometimes I can see OK composing on the LCD, other times it is tricky, so my thoughts are turning to either the Sigma hot shoe VF or something like the Hoodman loupe. A benefit of the latter, I...
  14. S

Fun with the Fuji 55-200mm

Time for a new thread? ISO 800, f5.6, 55mm ISO 800, f5.6, 180mm ISO 800, f8, 140mm ISO 400, f5, 70mm All hand-held, OIS on. Lee
  15. S

Oh, those X-Trans trees!

After the coldest spring in the UK for 50 years, foliage has taken a while to appear but suddenly we have it in abundance with trees in full leaf. I find myself peering at them quite intently a lot of the time (from various distances) to try to judge exactly what they are supposed to look like...
  16. S

Good time to buy a second Merrill in UK

Am I tempted by the DPM3 ? Sigma Imaging UK | What's New Lee
  17. S

SPP Versus Iridient Developer

I do like Iridient Developer. In fact it was my first RAW application on my Mac. It is great that it supports the Merrills now. If for no other reason that it is so fast to browse and render compared with SPP. For some images it does very well in actually rendering the files. However, SPP has...
  18. S

DP2M Firmware 1.04

I was wondering about the significance of the extra feature in the latest firmware whereby RAW images can be captured in black and white. What could that mean? Usually RAW is RAW and is colour. So I tried it. What happens is that the image opens in SPP automatically on the new Monochrome tab...
  19. S

Exporting from LR for lab prints

I want to get some prints done but initially at a modest size of 16x12 inches. The lab I used last time I printed (way before the Merrill) require JPGs at 402 dpi. So, I need to save TIFFs from SPP, then export from LR as a JPEG to the required size. I assume that all I have to do is go to the...
  20. S

Merrill Support with Iridient Developer

The new version of Iridient Developer is available: Iridient Digital How do people feel it compares with SPP? Lee