The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Mamiya AFD and MF confirmation

The problem with using the AF models with manual focus lenses is that there's no auto diaphragm, so you have to manually stop down before taking the picture. This can be a pretty big pain depending on what type of photography you are doing. For static things like landscapes it's usually not a...
  2. M

Mamiya AFD and MF confirmation

There are three lights, two arrows and one circle, like this: < O > The arrows light up when focus is off in either direction, and the circle lights up when you are correctly focused. You have to keep the trigger button half pressed to see the focusing aid.
  3. M

Kodak DCS Pro Back 645M

Don't buy a Kodak DCS, they are no longer repairable and will become an expensive paperweight the second it stops working, it's also got way too many quirks to be really enjoyable to use. You are much better off with one of the early Phase One backs, I have a P25 myself and it's lovely.
  4. M

Phase One XF information at Photo Rumors

Well, it's Tuesday here in Europe right now, so technically... ;)
  5. M

Film 35mm ---- Nikon F3HP, F4 or F6???

If your intent is to use it with AF lenses then F6 for sure.
  6. M

New camera from Phase One?

I can't believe we are still waiting for this thing, and not even a word from PhaseOne.
  7. M

A new instant film camera

The fact that they imply you can't get film for a Rolleiflex in the promotional movie made me want to punch the computer screen. But I guess they had to make sh*t up to compensate for how cheap and toy-like it looks next to the Rolleiflex.
  8. M

Great article about Ektar 100

Ektar 100 is an awesome film when everything clicks, both subject and light. It's contrasty and vivid without going overboard. Treat it almost like a slide film when shooting and you'll be fine. Here are two examples of mine shot with a Hasselblad 501cm:
  9. M

CFV50c Images

Does anyone know why exactly Hasselblad are unable to make the battery integrated like on a PhaseOne back? It really ruins the clean look of a V-series and always bugged me a lot.
  10. M

I Just Got Me a Film Camera

Have you figured out if the problem is with the negative or with your scanning process? If not, have a pro lab scan it for you. That way you know where to start troubleshooting. It's pretty hard to mess up the exposure itself, especially with B&W film.
  11. M

Yeah, that doesn't look right at all, way too contrasty and lacking in detail.
  12. M

Noblex 6/150 E2

Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Here's one from flickr that I think really shows the potential of this camera... https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3831/13922976793_faf0a6d66e_o.jpg
  13. M

Noblex 6/150 E2

I hope you get it working, that camera can be pretty awesome when used correctly!
  14. M

FS: Rolleiflex 3.5F

Weekend bump
  15. M

GX 680III Update

I love waist level finders, not only are they beautiful to look through and make you feel like you're in the scene instead of watching it from afar, I've also found they make your subject (if you're shooting people) less intimidated than when you look straight at them.
  16. M

GX 680III Update

Looking good, I hope you have the waist level finder too.
  17. M

If you think they are comparable why wouldn't you sell the Nikon? At least before the Plustek 120 they used to fetch insane prices on eBay, haven't really looked lately though.
  18. M

Sure did, I performed pretty much every test and adjustment imaginable to get the best out of the Epson over a period of a year or so, but finally sold as it didn't deliver the results I was after. I'm a bit surprised you think the Nikon and the Epson are in the same league, it's pretty common...
  19. M

I found it lacking in resolution and sharpness. For small prints it's ok, but it can't hold a candle to dedicated film scanners. You might be happy with it, or like me you might get frustrated knowing the negatives are capable of so much more than the scanner can handle. Either way, have a...
  20. M

If you can afford it, I'd probably look at the Plustek OpticFilm 120. I used to own the Epson V700 and wasn't too impressed to be honest.