The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

DXO Photo Lab 4 and Olympus hi-res files

I know Photo Lab 4 isn’t supposed to deal with multi shot files but as I understand it the Olympus hi res mode combines images into a single ORF file in camera with an ORI sidebar. So I don’t really know whether it works or not. Any ideas? - if not will have to use Olympus raw decoder and then...
  2. N

Sigma SPP - stay with 5.5 or move to 6.4?

There is no possibility whatsoever of me buying Quattros - I am happy with Merrills, especially after finding wide adaptor works, after a fashion, on DP1m. For Merrills, are there any advantage/disadvantages in moving to latest version of SPP, which I understand is mainly for Quattros. I am...
  3. N

Ricoh GW-3 wide angle converter on DP1m

Well no-one else interested so I'll start a conversation with myself. On the basis of a few handheld test shots in the fields round our village, actually better than Iad expected. Rather than being hopeless in the corners/edges, seems to be fairly even degradation of sharpness across frame. This...
  4. N

Ricoh GW-3 wide angle converter on DP1m

I've just bought a Gw-3 to try out on my DP1M - it was a bit opportunistic - London Camera Exchange had them for £95. I did wonder - with the Ricoh GR you have to use an adaptor which in effect is a spacer, whereas with the Sigma it screws directly into the filter thread. Is there any optical...
  5. N

Choice of lenses for M43

Silly me - stitching wouldn't work in that scenario.
  6. N

Choice of lenses for M43

Actually, according to photozone.de, the MTF figures for the Panasonic are better than the Olympus at 10 and 14m. Also, there is a big difference between 24 and 21 (FF equivalents). I think I would have to change my technique to stitch frames with the DP2M or GX7/20 (both having filter threads)...
  7. N

Choice of lenses for M43

I feel with the launch of the GX7 I could now finally abandon full frame Canon completely, as I have an aversion to large heavy cameras. All I have left for the 5D2 is Zeiss 21 and 28 and Canon 100 IS macro, which tend not to leave the house. I have a self imposed rule that any new acquisitions...
  8. N

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

Nice shot. I recognise the Spinnaker Tower over Gunwharf Quays but where is it shot from?
  9. N

GX7, the Swiss Army Camera?

Looks like finally a viable replacement/enhancement for my GH2, of which key weakness is IQ above ISO400. The tiltable EVF is a fair trade for the less versatile LCD, but does it have the unique ability of GH2 to vary format without cropping. When Panasonic brought out GH3 I thought they were...
  10. N

Why I actually LIKE SPP...

One thing I dislike is the inability to select more than one file in SPP. My normal practice would be to open the contents of the card in the computer, select groups of files and then move to the folders I had created. I cannot find any combination of keys that will multiple select in SPP. Of...
  11. N

DP1M regrets

Ah Bodega Bay - been there twice, once by road, the other time (well several times actually courtesy of A Hitchcock)
  12. N

DP1M regrets

I added the DP3M to my DP2M recently and am pleased with the results and how useful the two are in tandem. As I can get a second £200 cashback I am wondering whether to get the DP1M as well but hesitating over; a) how often I use 28mm and; b) whether the IQ is on a similar level (this deal would...
  13. N

Just got my Sigma DP cash back

Oh dear yes they have extended the claim period to 19th July and yes I have also had e-mail confirmation that I can claim a second cashback on the DP3m I bought a few weeks ago. I had sort of decided to "stick" for a while before adding DP1M but I'll probably "twist" now, especially since I...
  14. N

It's academic as you would have to have bought the "third" camera by 16th June to qualify
  15. N

If that's how long they're taking I should get mine today or tomorrow. Canon used to take at least a month to turn around cashback claims. Still trying to sell one or more of my Carl Zeiss ZE lenses to pay for it though. No bids for 28/2 on 2 ebay auctions.
  16. N

Flash and the DPxMs

yes it is Canon fit Sigma - of course, how stupid of me!! Will try that
  17. N

Flash and the DPxMs

I have a Sigma 530 Super and the DP2M hot shoe doesn't recognise it - can't think why not.
  18. N

Thinking of moving from Canon FF to X-Trans

OK lets try something simpler. How would you rank the following options for a 28mm equivalent, where edge performance at wide apertures are not critical but sharpness across the frame at smaller apertures is? 1. 18mm 2. Wide angle converter on X100s 3. Short end of 18-55
  19. N

Thinking of moving from Canon FF to X-Trans

Looking for some thoughts on image quality. My 5d2 and Canon/Zeiss lenses are hardly used these days - despite the compromises my goto cameras are GH2 with 14-140 and 100-300 and Sigma DP2M as my pocket field camera. Making dedicated photography expeditions with a large backpack just doesn't fit...
  20. N

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

Just got this lens in the post Friday and used for the first time over the weekend trying to get some stills/video footage of my daughter competing in a sailing championship. First thought is whether I should swap it? The zoom ring was distinctly "sticky" in places but seems to have smoothed off...