The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. N

DXO Photo Lab 4 and Olympus hi-res files

I know Photo Lab 4 isn’t supposed to deal with multi shot files but as I understand it the Olympus hi res mode combines images into a single ORF file in camera with an ORI sidebar. So I don’t really know whether it works or not. Any ideas? - if not will have to use Olympus raw decoder and then...
  2. N

Sigma SPP - stay with 5.5 or move to 6.4?

There is no possibility whatsoever of me buying Quattros - I am happy with Merrills, especially after finding wide adaptor works, after a fashion, on DP1m. For Merrills, are there any advantage/disadvantages in moving to latest version of SPP, which I understand is mainly for Quattros. I am...
  3. N

Ricoh GW-3 wide angle converter on DP1m

I've just bought a Gw-3 to try out on my DP1M - it was a bit opportunistic - London Camera Exchange had them for £95. I did wonder - with the Ricoh GR you have to use an adaptor which in effect is a spacer, whereas with the Sigma it screws directly into the filter thread. Is there any optical...
  4. N

Choice of lenses for M43

I feel with the launch of the GX7 I could now finally abandon full frame Canon completely, as I have an aversion to large heavy cameras. All I have left for the 5D2 is Zeiss 21 and 28 and Canon 100 IS macro, which tend not to leave the house. I have a self imposed rule that any new acquisitions...
  5. N

DP1M regrets

I added the DP3M to my DP2M recently and am pleased with the results and how useful the two are in tandem. As I can get a second £200 cashback I am wondering whether to get the DP1M as well but hesitating over; a) how often I use 28mm and; b) whether the IQ is on a similar level (this deal would...
  6. N

Thinking of moving from Canon FF to X-Trans

Looking for some thoughts on image quality. My 5d2 and Canon/Zeiss lenses are hardly used these days - despite the compromises my goto cameras are GH2 with 14-140 and 100-300 and Sigma DP2M as my pocket field camera. Making dedicated photography expeditions with a large backpack just doesn't fit...
  7. N

Nex7 a wise choice?

I have been thinking about the Nex7 for two reasons. I would appreciate any comments on whether this is a good/bad choice. 1. I have a 5D2 with good (Zeiss/Canon L) glass. I like/am used to the ergonomics having previously used AT1, AE1, T90, 5D and love the image quality, with one caveat -...
  8. N

DOF preview on GH2

Can't find it! (PS why don't Panasonic put in index into the manual?) :(
  9. N

Canon wide angle options

Now that Panasonic GH2 is my default "walkabout" camera I have been thinking of ebaying my 17-40L to fund an Olympus 9-18 M4/3 to add to 14-140 & 20mm. However, that does leave a significant gap betweem Zeiss 21 and 35 on the 5D2. Neither Canon 28mm options sound stellar and I think 24mm is...
  10. N

Inserting copyright info on GH2

With the Panasonic GH2, I can't find anywhere to add owner, author and copyright so that it always appears on EXIF data, either in camera menus or in Panasonic Studio software. Well obviously you can't set some of this in camera menus or that would void its security value but I thought you...
  11. N

Copyright information

On the 5D2 (and presumably other Canon DSLRs, you can set owner, photographer and copyright name in EOS utility, so that this then always appears in EXIF data; however, as far as I can see, you can't set copyright status (e.g. copyrighted) so that it always appears - as far as I can see, this...
  12. N

What GH2 setting affect Raw files?

I'm increasingly unsure with GH2 which settings also affect raw files. For instance, I thought that aspect ratio was baked into raw, but now I'm not so sure, because the handbook implies you can change this post capture. But what about intelligent resolution and intelligent dymamic range? I...