The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Anyone using the Coastal Optics 60mm??

I believe that Michael Erlewine has this lens, but he uses it for macro focus stacking. I think he is on Fred Miranda Forums.
  2. D

Not getting the D 400

I got tired of waiting for the Nikon D 400 and ordered a used D 300s. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow by UPS. It was a hard decision between the lower priced D 300 or the D 300s. The dual card slots swayed me in the end. Plus it is a 3 years newer camera so the shutter actuations should be...
  3. D

Best Nikon DSLR Camera for wedding photography?

The Nikon D 700 has been well regarded for some time. A good zoom such as a Nikon 28-105mm might be good also. I don't think they make it anymore, but it has a good reputation. The Nikon 24-120 also has good IQ. Look up the lenses on photozone and see there testing results. I think Nikon...
  4. D

Nikon P 7700

Just got an e-mail about this new camera. It jumped 7 generations and lost the viewfinder. What else did they do to it?:mad:
  5. D

First slide copying attempt

This is my first attempt at copying a slide. This is my set up Nikon D 80 Nikon 105mm micro AIS f/2.8 lens Nikon 3T close up lens Sekonic L-508 Zoom Master light meter Artography 6x9" LED light tablet tripod If I can get this image posted, it is a 35 year old Ektachrome slide that has...
  6. D

Sony RX100 - getting started

The colors of the first picture of the boats has great color. I'm impressed by this little camera. It's at the top of my list if the D 400 doesn't come out soon.
  7. D

Slide scanners

I ordered an Artograph light pad yesterday to use when I try to copy slides. It is LED model and supposedly has much more even light than the old type light pads. I just got the cheapest, which was 6" x 9". Should be here in a few days. I will have to use my 105mm Micro Nikor AIS lens since It...
  8. D

Slide scanners

I did a search on slide scanning and slide copying and there just is not a lot of posts about these subjects. There are actually a lot of posts, but now much of interest.
  9. D

Slide scanners

Jan I looked on Ebay and there was a Nikon Coolscan IV ED LS 40 slide and film scanner for sale for $ 200 at the moment. It had a crack across the top as if it had been dropped. Since I am not a member of Ebay, I was not able to post a question to the seller. I wanted to know if it had the...
  10. D

Slide scanners

I have never bought anything off of ebay. I have always been afraid of the product being much worse than advertised. It is an idea, however, because it would cost a fortune to send them out to be scanned.
  11. D

Slide scanners

I just found my Nikon 3T and 4T close up lenses. I put the 3T on my 105mm micro f/2.8 AIS lens with my D 80 and saw that it was just about perfect for taking a picture of my slides Unfortunately, the D 80 will not meter with the AIS lens. I might just try by trial and error to get a good...
  12. D

Scan your own or use scanning service?

I've scanned prints at Walmart on their machines. Some of the machines will actually take up to 4 prints at a time. You can then have them put onto a CD for about $ 3 or so. Prices are reasonable for prints off the prints ( about $ .29 each or so ) Don't remember how large the files are though...
  13. D

Slide scanners

I was looking at all the boxes of slides I have taken over the years and decided I should scan them and put them on my computer. I have looked at two models on the internet; the Ion Omni Scan stand alone image and slide scanner for $ 129 that outputs to an sd card and the Plustek 7600i film and...
  14. D

Sony RX100 - getting started

The sensor may be bigger on the M9, but the price without lens is 10x as much. Plus you can't put it in your pocket or do videos with it.:deadhorse:
  15. D

Fuji X10 ISO test

Those are really impressive for such a small sensor camera. Of Fuji usually has great lenses too. DaveO
  16. D

Searching for a shirt-pocket camera with RAW capture capability

I have the Samsung tl 350 camera and would recommend it. It has a Schneider Kreuz. lens that starts at 24mm and goes to 120mm. It is f/2.4 at the wide end. It also can be used in full manual mode ( focus, f stop, aperture, and I believe ISO ) Minimum focus in macro is only about 2 inches though...
  17. D

Samsung tl 350

I have had this camera for about 3 months and am very happy with it. I wanted to find out how many elements in how many groups it had. I pulled up a bunch of spec sheets, but none of them listed this. It is not in the user manual either. Does anyone know this fact? Also, is the lens made in...
  18. D

Film processing

Just got my Ektar 100 film processed at NCPS for $ 31 with mid priced scan. Can anyone recommend a good place for processing and scanning that is cheaper. I have a price list for Photo Place, Dwaynes, and Holland Photo which are at least 50% cheaper. Has anyone used them and are very satisfied...
  19. D

Samsung tl 350 pictures

I was able to upload one picture, The flower picture is my favorite so far. DaveO
  20. D

Samsung tl 350 pictures

I think I know how to attach pictures now. Here are a few from my new camera