The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Not getting the D 400

I got tired of waiting for the Nikon D 400 and ordered a used D 300s. It is supposed to arrive tomorrow by UPS. It was a hard decision between the lower priced D 300 or the D 300s. The dual card slots swayed me in the end. Plus it is a 3 years newer camera so the shutter actuations should be...
  2. D

Nikon P 7700

Just got an e-mail about this new camera. It jumped 7 generations and lost the viewfinder. What else did they do to it?:mad:
  3. D

First slide copying attempt

This is my first attempt at copying a slide. This is my set up Nikon D 80 Nikon 105mm micro AIS f/2.8 lens Nikon 3T close up lens Sekonic L-508 Zoom Master light meter Artography 6x9" LED light tablet tripod If I can get this image posted, it is a 35 year old Ektachrome slide that has...
  4. D

Slide scanners

I was looking at all the boxes of slides I have taken over the years and decided I should scan them and put them on my computer. I have looked at two models on the internet; the Ion Omni Scan stand alone image and slide scanner for $ 129 that outputs to an sd card and the Plustek 7600i film and...
  5. D

Samsung tl 350

I have had this camera for about 3 months and am very happy with it. I wanted to find out how many elements in how many groups it had. I pulled up a bunch of spec sheets, but none of them listed this. It is not in the user manual either. Does anyone know this fact? Also, is the lens made in...
  6. D

Film processing

Just got my Ektar 100 film processed at NCPS for $ 31 with mid priced scan. Can anyone recommend a good place for processing and scanning that is cheaper. I have a price list for Photo Place, Dwaynes, and Holland Photo which are at least 50% cheaper. Has anyone used them and are very satisfied...
  7. D

Samsung tl 350 pictures

I think I know how to attach pictures now. Here are a few from my new camera
  8. D

Samsung tl 350 pictures upload

I will attempt to upload a few images I have re sized to 640x640. I just received this camera Saturday and have been very happy with the IQ and color of the images on the Amoled lcd screen. I set the contrast to +1, the sharpness to +2, and the saturation to +1 as one of a forum members said to...
  9. D

Uploading pictures

I looked at the instructions on this site for uploading pictures, but did not understand them. Can anyone tell me how to resize and upload pictures to a thread? Make the instructions simple because I am not that good on a computer. DaveO
  10. D

Samsung tl 350 pics

I just received the Samsung tl 350 Camera yesterday. I am really impressed with the IQ and color saturation of the pictures. Someone on one of the forums said to set this camera's contrast to +1, sharpness to +2, and saturation to +1 so I did. I looked up uploading a picture to a thread, but the...
  11. D

Samsung, Canon, Nikon or Panasonic

I have been looking at p&s cameras from these manufacturers. I have narrowed my choices down to: Samsung TL 500 Samsung TL 350 Canon S 95 Nikon P 7000 Panasonic LX 5 Can anyone tell me about the IQ of these cameras. I am mainly looking at the TL 350 since...
  12. D

Nikon P7000 video

I have been looking at this camera to take stills and also video. I just found out that the video is 1280x720 but at 24fps. Is this fast enough to give satisfactory videos? I asked this same question on another site, but no one has given me an answer. The Panasonic GF2 does 1920x1080 at 60fps...