The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. K

Sony RX100 III

Hi, I'm selling my Sony RX100 III. I've had it for a few months, but I really don't use it as it never really replaced my iphone as an always-in-my-pocket camera. It works perfectly and has only minor surface wear, the worst of which is a very small chip in the upper right corner of the...
  2. K

You meet the most unlikely people around a desert campfire...

So my girlfriend and I were camping near Death Valley over Thanksgiving break in a town called Tecopa. They have a hot spring under the town and, unlike the rest of drought-stricken California, all the hot water you care to bathe in. We were camping in a tent, but there were trailers and rooms...
  3. K

Best forum in which to place a rambling, general photography question?

Hey all. I'm a long-time lurker and former photographer who's looking for some general photography advice, and I was wondering which forum was the best one in which to ask that question. It's not specific to any one brand of gear, so I'm not sure where to place it. I used to shoot weddings...
  4. K

New iMac recommendations?

I'm planning on replacing my old iMac with a new one. I'm leaning towards the 27" iMac, both for the screen space and the Quad-Core i5 Processor. My most taxing uses of the computer will be Photoshop and video editing with Final Cut Express (which I'm dying to try out!) Considering my...
  5. K

Where are the Zeiss primes for Sony?

I've been shopping for a new DSLR and the Sony FF digital cameras seem very appealing, but one thing has me puzzled: There seems to be an odd gap in the available Zeiss primes. 24mm, then 85 and 135mm. Am I missing something, because it seems odd that I could buy manual focus Zeiss primes in...
  6. K

Pre-Aspherical Summilux 35mm $1,300

I have a pre-aspherical Summilux 35mm that came with a camera I just bought, and I have to sell it to pay for other gear. This is a late, German-made version, serial number 343xxxx, and I'll rate it as mint minus. The glass is perfect, and there are only light signs of handling on the barrel...
  7. K

Which DSLR?

I've been without a DSLR for awhile and I'm going to pick up a used one. I've narrowed it down to either a Canon 5D, or a Fuji S5. Very different cameras, I know, but they each have their appeal: The Canon for it's full frame and lovely high iso files; the Fuji for its dynamic range and very...
  8. K

Epson R-D1; Mamiya 645 Pro plus 3 lenses

I have two cameras for sale. 1st up is an R-D1 with the latest (R-D1s) firmware in excellent condition. Includes body cap, software, charger and 6 batteries (one Epson, five generic) Everything works perfectly, including the rangefinder. I love the camera, but I want full-frame. $1,400, or...
  9. K

I'm losing my freakin' mind

B&W conversion is killing me. I can't consistently get the tonality I love from my digital B&W. Sometimes it seems easy, others it's just immensely frustrating. I recently shot a few rolls of BW400CN for a friend's wedding and was reminded of exactly what I'm missing: the easy tonality of...
  10. K

Happy Halloween!

From a farm near my house that displays thousands of carved pumpkins every year. (R-D1, VC 35/2.5) Got any Halloween pics? :thumbup: