The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. dchew

Help from anyone with an Alpa-Helvetar version of the 43xl - ANSWERED

I purchased a non-Helvetar version of the 43xl in an Alpa mount. I'm wondering if someone with the Helvetar version could do a measurement for me: I need the total distance of the lens, from base of the Alpa mount to the end of the front threads with the lens helical rotated to infinity. Mine...
  2. dchew

Softproofing in Lightroom

I've been using LR for a long time, and often use soft proofing to print, especially in two situations: 1) when I have to send a file to an outside printer, or 2) when printing on matte paper. I've noticed something recently when soft proofing. My normal procedure is to go into soft proofing...
  3. dchew

Rodenstock's Hard Stop Vignette

The above quote is from @JamesJetel in the "Current State of Phase One" thread. I have been curious about this hard-stop topic. For most of my technical camera history I had the Alpa STC, so the largest image circle I could experiment with was 98mm (18mm shift horizontally on a 54x40 sensor)...
  4. dchew

How to shoot Down with Arca-Swiss L60 / L75

The L60 / L75 geared heads are relatively small, light and solid for a geared head. Their Achilles heel has been range of adjustment. The 75 is limited to 15 degrees, L60 only 10. This isn't quite as bad as it sounds because you can shorten one or two legs of the tripod to get an addition 20...
  5. dchew

WTB: RRS L-Plate for Fuji 100s

I'm looking for this plate: FUJI GFX100S & GFX50SII MODULAR PLATES They are out of stock everywhere. If anyone has one gathering dust I'll take it. I have a generic plate I can use in the meantime, but an L-plate would be much preferred. Dave
  6. dchew

FS (Free): Lexar CF Cards

Compact Flash cards free to a good home. (1) 256gb (4) 64gb I like Lexar in Phase One backs because they have a good sharp lip on them. Makes it less fumbly to remove them from the back. Depending on where they ship, I might ask for reimbursement of shipping costs. CONUS only. Dave
  7. dchew

SOLD: SK f/5.6 150mm Apo-Digitar in Alpa Short-Barrel w/Copal 0

Today is the day I never thought would come. I am offering up the 150mm for sale. This lens has been by my side for most of my history with a technical camera and is was standard stitching lens for panos. I regularly used the image circle out to 98mm (18mm L/R shift on a 54x40 sensor). Last year...
  8. dchew

Thinking about GFX

Greetings! I have been invited on a cruise around South America and Antarctica this coming December. As most of you know I'm a dyed in the wool tech camera user. I'm pretty sure that won't work too well on the ship unless someone knows of a tripod with IBIS. So I have two options: First is to...
  9. dchew

Schneider Kreuznach Apo Digitar Lens Data

There was a request for data sheets in a recent thread. I happen to have many of the discontinued Apo Digitar data sheets, mostly from Alpa's old website. I've created a page that has all of them linked: Schneider-Kreuznach Apo Digitar Lens Data Rob suggested this thread be "sticky", but I doubt...
  10. dchew

Free to a Good Home: Epson 7900

I am finally moving on. Purchased new in Dec 2009 (yes, you read that right). It has been chugging along fine until the last month when the orange channel started to go. It still seems to print fine, but here is what the current nozzle check looks like: The light magenta lines on the far...
  11. dchew

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I am getting the above notice frequently all of a sudden. Never saw this before until a few days ago. Anyone else getting this or is it on my end somehow? Dave
  12. dchew

H&Y Filter System with a Technical Camera

I've been using the H&Y system for the last several months. I had not heard of it before reading Tim Parkin's very thorough review of filter systems at OnLandscape (paid content). The real reason this system interested me was the opportunity to create a LCC card and dark frame that attached...
  13. dchew

Why are LCCs Without Movements Not Symmetrical?

Ok, this has been bugging me forever and I finally have the guts to ask: I always thought symmetry was kind of important in physics. What is it about a pixel that is not symmetric? Dave 35xl / IQ3100 no movements:
  14. dchew

FS: Hoya 72mm PRO ND 64x ND Filter

EDIT: Found a home. Free to a good home; just pay for shipping quoted to your location. Dave
  15. dchew

FS: Lee Filter System

$200 including shipping to CONUS. Will quote shipping to other locations. Universal Hood 105mm Linear Polarizer Polarizer mounting ring (3) 100 Holders (one on the hood) (2) 72mm Adapters (1) 67mm Adapter 0.6 Hard GND (2-stop) 0.6 Soft GND (2-stop) (4) Lee Lens Caps (1) Holder Stack adapter...
  16. dchew

FS: Zeiss Batis 25 FE Mount

I prefer manual focus; now that Zeiss offers the Loxia 25 I am selling this lens and plan to purchase the MF Loxia. This was rarely used; still has the protective sheet on the electronic display. No issues with image quality; performs as expected. All original packaging and documentation...
  17. dchew

Default WB for IQ3100: C1 vs LR

This is more of a curiosity question than a concern. I certainly understand in RAW WB is just an import setting that we always adjust either to our liking or to some WB reference. However, it seems LR has a strange "As Shot" setting associated with the IQ3100, at least when using "Daylight" WB...
  18. dchew

How to Remove Half the Features of a P0h

And how to adjust minimum ball tension, all while probably killing your warranty in the process. I really want to like the Arca Swiss P0h. It has almost everything: Light weight, pan top, compact fast movement AND precise gear driven control. Two things I don’t like, one that it doesn’t have...
  19. dchew

The Merits and Workflow of Various Viewfinder Tools

In the XF/GFX thread, Erik commented on some different aspects of live view vs viewfinder: https://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-and-digital-backs/63038-phase-one-x1d-gfx.html#post746974 Hopefully Erik doesn’t mind that I quote a part of that: I’m guessing by now most of us have...
  20. dchew

Trichromatic vs 3100

I have the Trichromatic for a demo over the weekend, returning 11/28. I will be doing some comparisons with my 3100. If anyone has any particular tests they want me to run, let me know here. It is a kinda gray weekend, but you never no. Still some shades of brown around... What I plan to do...