The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

M Typ 240/75 APO Cron HDR processing: Image from May 2014 Just going through some archives... Ordinarily, I would not center a flower, there must have been a reason, well, sometimes, it's just what looks best too maybe...
  2. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

I guess I need to get out and get shooting, this one is from the last day of 2013, yes Dec 31, but it is a powerful image, I think, but what do I know. Just happen to see my account wasn't deleted here. Hey guys that I knew from way back-
  3. P

LR5 Vs LR6 standalone, much difference?

Godfrey, I have so many diversions, I do good to take a photo of my musical instruments every now and then. I have hopes of shooting more on retirement, that may come sooner rather than later, the way things go where I work... I hoped to at least get my 30 yrs in, but that is questionable...
  4. P

Well, I went ahead and got it, since the price was fairly decent. I guess I am officially done buying Adobe unless they change their tune in the future. I am not buying new cameras into the foreseeable future. I am pretty well equipped for now, I don't have to have the latest and greatest...
  5. P

I am debating whether to get that last standalone. I do not need cloud, and don't want cloud. Anybody have thoughts that has used 5 and 6 standalone? Thanks! Doug
  6. P

I started to see the limtations of the trinity

When you say old 45 T/S, I am not sure what you are talking about. I only remembered an 85 in the old PC lens, which I owned long ago, but there was a old old 28 I believe. Then they came with the new 24/45/85 TS lenses. But I don't eat sleep and breath lenses nowadays. My 45 is about 3...
  7. P

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

Woody, you are not alone, I too love my 75 APO Cron ASPH. Especially on my MM. Amazing lens, even the bokeh for a 2.0 lens is quite nice, I think. The lens rarely disappoints me, that's for sure.
  8. P

I started to see the limtations of the trinity

The 45 T/S is scary sharp on the D800E. I no longer have a D800E right now, but the 45 was among my best lenses mounted on it. People kept throwing Zeiss options at you when you were saying AF. Get the 24mm 1.4G, the 85 1.4G, and the 45 T/S, and use your feet. A 135 2.0 DC is a nice option...
  9. P

10. P

Sister shot to yesterday's shot... processed different, but with similar effects.
  11. P

Thanks Dave. I thought it was pretty cool too. Nice to finish the year out on a high note!
  12. P

From the Dark Side... MM/35 Lux Exposure:1/500 at f/6.7 ISO 320
  13. P

Fun w/Digital M Images

Sorry, I missed part of this photo, it's a 2 frame pano, but I messed up on the left side, thinking wrong in a hurry on the frame lines. Well, it's still worth a look anyway maybe...
  14. P

I think a lot of people think of their shots in terms of "sets", so you start processing and you show typically in sets. So, as you are evaluating one image, you are evaluating the set. But if particularly something stands out as good, or not up to the standards of the set, then maybe express...
  15. P

Leica M240 shutter count

While I don't have the answer to that John, I still don't see it as "moot". The number of stills ran through a camera is of value to prospective buyers, regardless of video or live view. I don't think to many people will be buying the M as a full time movie camera or just to look at a 3" screen.
  16. P

Auto Art... 2003 M3, my Garage Queen...
  17. P

Boards/Take 2 75 APO Cron on MM
  18. P

MM/75 Cron 1/4000th/f5.7 "Grafitti behind the ally"
  19. P

MM/75 Cron/1250 ISO/f6.7/1/750th
  20. P

MM/75mm Cron A little softer than I'd like, my focusing skills lacked yesterday. I don't know why, I was not impaired... Soft, but still very nice I think. My daughter is a very nice BW subject with blonde hair and a black shirt on. :-) I didn't realize what a strain I was putting on my...