The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. dude163

Strange ? request re: digilux 1

WANTED: Hi strange request here, I bought my 75 year old father a Leica Digilux 1 2 years ago as a gag gift cos he always wanted a leica , Turns out its his favourite camera . So of course it died and nowhere seems to be able to repair it ,we've contacted leica NA and they referred us to a place...
  2. dude163

Advice REQ : what do yo do if someone USED one of your photos?

.......and it was Walmart! Today while out shopping my daughter says , "Hey dad here is your picture of my finger" So of course I chuckle and walk over and then " HOLY COW!! thats my PHOTO!!"" here is my pic their shot Lemans 6 Open Collage Photo Frame Black/Walnut, Home Décor | Walmart...
  3. dude163

Ming Theins review of the M240

The 2013 Leica M Typ 240
  4. dude163

Curious, when did you see/use your first leica?

Hi all, I was just thinking about this the other day going through some old photos . And I found a picture of my youngest daughter taking a shot with my M8 and was curious when you first saw/used one ? My father was HUGE fan of leicas and could never afford one, so he bought a Soviet clone of...
  5. dude163

Is using an M for paid work viable?

Hi all Im now officially retired ( at 47!) and I need to do something to fill the time when the kids are in school. Ive always wanted to do portraits and such in photography but never had the time, well now I do. My question is this: Does anyone use a leica M for paid work? Im not going...
  6. dude163

Looking for a leica SOOGZ filter adapter

Hi all I need a A36 to E39 adapter ring and Leica actually made one , the SOOGZ does anyone have one? im looking to use it, not keep it as a collectible so Im looking for one as cheap as possible :)
  7. dude163

FS : Canon Serenar 85 f2 LTM with viewfinder and case

1950 Canon Serenar 85mm f2 LTM with Viewfinder and IR/UV filter for Leica M8 | eBay link to ebay auction
  8. dude163

removing ruined coating on old lenses?

Hi all i have a bad cold so I decided to tear down my foggy and hazy 90 elmar from 1958 I got it all apart and cleaned up, the front and middle elements are fantastic, the rear was very oily and hazed over, i washed it numerous times and it appears the coating on it is the problem , its half...
  9. dude163

Summaron 35/3.5 What filter size?

Hi all I have a M8 and need to know what sized IR/UV filter I need to use if I got a summaron 35/3,5? I have some e39 filters , so maybe a step ring? because it looks like the summaron has slip ons? Robert:deadhorse: ( my 5 yr old selected the emoticons )
  10. dude163

Olympus EVF VF-2

A friend of mine has the Olympus EVF the VF-2 for sale, comes with the box and a small pouch and of course the EVF , this item is near mint as i dont think he used it much, he normally had just his camera and a 40mm lens on it in his pocket Asking price is 195 ( that takes care of Paypal...
  11. dude163

Super Takumar 35/3.5 and a Super Takumar 50/1.4

Hi all, Im selling 2 lenses that a pal of mine has and they are in mint shape, the 35mm looks like it has never been screwed into anything, and the 50mm has only been mounted onto an EOS>M42 adapter both come with cases and aluminum Honeywell pentax lenscaps , the 35mm has a rear cap also...
  12. dude163

Images of M10?

Is this the Leica M10? | Leica News & Rumors
  13. dude163

Japanese RF LTM Lenses? any good?

Hi all, Im looking for any user info on Nikkor lenses and Canon Serenars, anyone have any tidbits /advice/warnings to tell me about them? Cheers Robert
  14. dude163

Vintage lens mini test: Cron50, Elmarit 135 and Helios 40

Hi all, I just posted up a blog post on 3 vintage lenses that I use a lot 1964 Summicron 50/2 1973 Elmarit 135/2.8 both on a Leica M8 1965 Helios 40 85/1.5 M42 lens mounted on a Pentax K-X Vintage Lenses with Dude: Helios 40 VS Cron 50 VS Elmarit 135 I just realised that the newest lens...
  15. dude163

A review of Hands on with Monochrom AND APO Cron 50!

The Leica M Monochrom Hands On Review | Photo This & That I cant get over how nice the details are at ISO 8000 and 10000 . wow
  16. dude163

Looking for recommendations for Wide angles for M8

Hi all Im looking to acquire a wide angle lens for my M8 this year does anyone have any suggestions for any that can be bought for not too much money ( I know I know, cheap and leica are mutually exclusive) But I have been looking at some neat vintage LTM wide angles, Canon Serenars, Nikon...
  17. dude163

WTB : Any user ( cleaning marks , scratched) Leica mount wide angles

Hi all Im looking to get a wide angle lens for my M8 , but being on disability has my cashflow a little shorter than it used to be . Plus Ive been spoiled here with the prices I got my lenses for ( 400 , 300, 60 for cron 50, elmarit 135 and elmar 90) SO........ im looking for any wide angle...
  18. dude163

2 x Hermes LTD editions also

NEW LEICA LIMITED EDITIONS: LEICA M9-P 40,000 Euro for the one with the 3 lens set ( noctilux included)
  19. dude163

wow , 15 grand for both!!

http://leicarumors.com/2012/05/10/leica-m-monochrom-the-future-of-black-and-white-photography.aspx/ http://leicarumors.com/2012/05/10/leica-apo-summicron-m-50-mm-f2-asph-the-new-milestone-in-lens-construction.aspx/
  20. dude163

M Mount digilux 4!!!

Made you look :)