The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone tried the TTArtisan 35mm 0.95 lens?

algrove

If this lens proves to be a solid performer, it could be the Noctilux of the Fuji X mount World. On an APS-C sensor this lens equates to a 50mm on a FF camera.

For such a low price it costs less than one third of my state sales tax for the Leica 50mm 0.95 Noctilux. Even that sentence amazes me too!

There other APS-C X mount lenses with f stops of around f1.0 give or take so I wonder if others have tried one of these on the Fuji X. To me the new XT-5 sensor could put demands beyond the reach of some of these inexpensive lenses and thus render them useless or just not useable. For me a lens with a sharpish center point and less sharp edges could be OK for certain work, but it really requires trying one out to know.

The Fuji 50 1.0 is interesting, but that makes it a 75mm FF equivalent and I am looking for something equal to a FF 50mm lens.

Any comments?

Last edited:

algrove

I have the TTArtisan 35 (50mm FF) 0.95 and like it a lot especially for $200. It is so small and light weight for a Fujoctilux lens. Center sharp and edges I have yet to fully analyze, but enjoying using it. OOF areas are pleasing and work well which is why I mainly acquired this one. And now that I know how to magnify my focus point life is good.