The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Installing Leaf Capture 11.5.3

MartinN

I was successful in installing Leaf capture on a Macbook air with Mojave, by installing modern JRE 8 and JDK and after that Leaf capture, and finishing
with Mac update JRE 6 (2017 001).
However, on a Macbook Pro, I was lazy and installed all the Javas first and the Leaf last, and Leaf refuses to install and reports Access denied error on writing .DS_store
and insufficient privileges. I have tried installing in safe boot, giving disk access, and even started the installer as root. No way, the dreaded error always pops up and
leaves the installation unfinished.

Can I remove Mac update JRE6 2017 001 somehow ?

MartinN

Yes, Capture One 12 is nice for more modern Leaf Backs, but some of the pre Phase era backs can only tether to Leaf Capture, and that would be nice with some modern computing power.

MartinN

I may have found a hack, I went to the folder with Leaf Capture and started Leaf Capture just before the access error pops up, and forced close the installer. LC starts, but I don't know if it is 100% functional.

MartinN

Only force close seems to be required. A Thunderbolt2 Macbook Pro may or may not have enough firewire current delivery.