The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica S-H adaptor

Greg Haag

I have not shot with it recently, but I have the adapter and have used it with my HC lenses (none of mine are the orange dot if it matters)

rollsman44

Hi Greg, I bought it and 2 HC lenses. Just wanted to see how they render and how the AF is with the Adaptor. Thanks

Greg Haag

NO Orange dot. How do you rate the IQ ? TY
No Orange dot, my Hasselblad days ended as the Orange dots were just coming out. My experience with the adaptor was good, better than I had expected. I used it with the following lenses, 35, 80, 100, 150 & 210. I have the 50-110 but never tried it with that.

rollsman44

Hi Greg, Thank you. I appreciate hearing that. I just purchased the 35 and 150( non N ) HC lenses. I will try them out next week and let you know

baudolino

I use the adapter with the 300 mm HC lens (no orange dot). First with S007, now with S3. AF is as quick as native S lenses, all exif data appears correctly in the file. I don't use the lens very often but I bought it second hand for Eur1100 or thereabouts, it is sharp and produces nice colours, so what is there not to like.

rollsman44

Thank you. I appreciate the response. I was thinking about the Contax 645 Lenses VS the Hasselblad HC lenses. I would like some one who used these to lmk how the IQ is and the AF with the adaptor. TY

rollsman44

I know the S lens is better and NO adaptor that can cause poor AF
I would need to find a S 70 CS lens with the Motor Replaced and MY concern is AF. Is it better than the HC lenses with the adaptor
Thank you

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I know the S lens is better and NO adaptor that can cause poor AF
I would need to find a S 70 CS lens with the Motor Replaced and MY concern is AF. Is it better than the HC lenses with the adaptor
Thank you
Yes, the AF is better on the native lenses. This is a relative statement! AF is certainly not the S system's strong suit. It is good enough for a lot of professional work, even dancers, but it's not a wildlife camera.
There are a few quirks. The S(006) had trouble sometimes nailing infinity focus. I learned exactly where on the lens barrel infinity symbol the focus should be and would check. When live view was available, I would use focus peaking to verify focus. But for studio work, the AF is good.

S(006), S70/2.5 wide open. AF on earring.

rollsman44

Thank you again. Tough decision. The 120 and the 70 close in Price. the 70 would work better for me. Now I have to find one thats in 9-9+ condition and AF motor Replaced
Again, thank you