The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Z9 ....How to quickly get smart ?

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
Finally obtained my Z9 , the lens adapter and soon the 70-200/2.8 S lens (WED). THE 400/2.8 S is on order ....maybe by Fall sports ?

Intended usage is 100% Youth Sports ..primarily little league baseball and youth lacrosse . Expect that the 70-200/2.8 will cover 90% of my captures .

Intended photographs will be mostly B&W and either normal web sized or small prints for kids and parents (4x6 or 5x7 ). You are probably laughing ...why does this guy need Z9 for this application . Occasionally will want Wall Sized Posters 24x36 but cheap posters .

I need to get up to speed quickly and looking for a tutorial ..YouTube etc that can launch my new career as a grandfather photographer .

tcdeveau

I bought the Z9 mainly for photos of my fast and erratic moving young children so no laughing here. Overkill - maaaaaaybe - but I’ve got a lot more in focus shots of them than ever before which I’m not mad about. They should start playing sports in the next year or two and I’m totally gonna be “that dad” haha

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Looking forward to hearing your real life experiences -- we know we can trust them. That said, I have little doubt they'll be mostly positive ;)