The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Plaubel Pro Shift 6X9 in this day and age.

B L

I have a chance to buy this camera complete with center ND filter and finder.It is in superb condition.If bought, I intend to use it with Kodak Ektar film and sometimes black and white.
Pros cons? All advices welcome.Thanks.

lookbook

Beautiful camera!!
Make sure that the original cable release (red) is also included.
It is no longer available for purchase new, but is absolutely part of the overall concept of the camera!

• Thanks
Reactions: B L

B L

Edit: 18/10/23

R0011800.JPG
Yes, the red cable is included.Arriving tomorrow...
Edit 1: It came yesterday (28/07) , so far looks so good. Just loaded HP5 to shoot over next day or two.
Edit 2: Self developed with some errors. I hadnt touched chemicals for years! Anyway, here is one from the first roll. Thanks for viewing.Scan-230810-0005_DxO.jpg

Last edited:

B L

Another scan off same roll as above, I though I made a mess of first roll- still nowhere near as expected. HP400, Scanner bought some years ago from forum member Dan Lindburg, I hope he is well and full of health and happiness. Location of this photo: As I was driving through the village of Whitley. All adivces on my poor dev skill will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks.Thornhill.jpg

Last edited:

lookbook

Another scan off same roll as above, I though I made a mess of first roll- still nowhere near as expected. HP400, Scanner bought some years ago from forum member Dan Lindburg, I hope he is well and full of health and happiness. Location of this photo: As I was driving through the village of Whitley. All adivces on my poor dev skill will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks.View attachment 205627
... i haven't worked in analog for a long time, but one basic wisdom has always helped me to get the right shades of gray.
the dark side of the finished photo is controlled by exposure - the light side of the photo by development.

if the dark tones of your photos are too deep for you with negative film, expose a 400 film with 320 asa.
if the light tones are too dark for you, develop a little longer ... and vice versa, when it should be exactly the other way around.

if you will be satisfied, never change your film/developer combination, just adjust it to the weather conditions.
summertime/wintertime etc.

please excuse my bad english

• Thanks
Reactions: B L

B L

... i haven't worked in analog for a long time, but one basic wisdom has always helped me to get the right shades of gray.
the dark side of the finished photo is controlled by exposure - the light side of the photo by development.

if the dark tones of your photos are too deep for you with negative film, expose a 400 film with 320 asa.
if the light tones are too dark for you, develop a little longer ... and vice versa, when it should be exactly the other way around.

if you will be satisfied, never change your film/developer combination, just adjust it to the weather conditions.
summertime/wintertime etc.

please excuse my bad english
Most welcome for the advise,this is the spirit of forum participation. I have been a film user up till about 2005ish. Indeed B&W self deleloping is not as easy as it looks and i am here to learn and experiment.
Many thanks.Regards.

Last edited: