The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Really impressed with the V-Lux 5, until the Q2 came out.

LEZ90

Went for an early walk and took my trusty Q2 and my new V-Lux 5 cameras with me. I started off taking some photos with the new V-Lux and found myself having a great time. The V-Lux feels nice in the hands, the 400mm zoom lens is lovely and due to the better EVF and screen the whole experience felt much better then my old V-Lux 114. On top of that, it takes a great picture.

I was enjoying the camera so much that I started to think, “Maybe all I need to do is carry this one?”
I then got my Leica Q2 out of the bag and the first photo I took was this.

Yet again the Leica Q2 just blew me away.
The verdict.
If you want something that's easy to carry that takes really good photos use a V-Lux 5. But if you want to make art, you will find it hard to find a better camera than the Leica Q2.

Last edited: