The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SL2 v SL2s v M10

rayt

It depends on your style of photography. I have travelled the world with the M6, M7, MP and now M10M with one 35mm lens. In my journeys I walk all day for that shot so weight is a factor. I also have the SL2 and it’s for everything else. If there’s ever an SL2M I might even consider getting rid of the M10M. If you shoot color and a wide range of subjects I recommend the SL2. That said the L lenses are huge and heavy whereas M lenses are tiny but you can use M and just about any lens on your SL2. Try the EVF first if you remain unconvinced.

chiquita

It depends on your style of photography. I have travelled the world with the M6, M7, MP and now M10M with one 35mm lens. In my journeys I walk all day for that shot so weight is a factor. I also have the SL2 and it’s for everything else. If there’s ever an SL2M I might even consider getting rid of the M10M. If you shoot color and a wide range of subjects I recommend the SL2. That said the L lenses are huge and heavy whereas M lenses are tiny but you can use M and just about any lens on your SL2. Try the EVF first if you remain unconvinced.
Thank you! I bought the SL2s in November and one L mount Sigma 35mm 1.2 Art lens .... which is beautiful ...... but far too heavy for me to want to take it out of the house/garden! The M lenses that I have are easy to use on the SL2s fortunately but I do miss af for my granddaughter and the dog from time to time. Still have the M10, just can't seem to part with it :)

JohnBrew

https://www.flickr.com/photos/christilou1/albums/72157696582042195.

Thanks Paul, above is a link to my Venice pictures. Most (but not all ) are the M10 + 50mm Summilux ASPH combo. I love this output and worry that changing to the higher pixel SL2 might change it in some way. Is there anyone who has used both found any really discernible difference in that elusive "Leica" magic is really what I'm asking!
Excellent series. It's been over twenty years since I was there but of course time makes no difference in Venice! Thanks for posting.