The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Which S lenses to keep for a possible mirrorless future S body

Paratom

I know its probably longer in the future. If roumers are right and one day we will see a mirrorless S and some lenses optimized for mirrorless af and size…
which todays S lenses to keep for such a camera? which new lenses would you expect? And which todays S lenses to keep as alltime classic?

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

S24, S35, S100, S120

Would keep any S lens - every single one is great and they are well priced. The ones above stand out to me.

GMB

Simple question: All you have.

There may be new and „better“ (whatever „better“ may mean) lenses for an S4 (assume it is mirrorless), but the existing lenses will shine on the S4. Plus, if an S4 will be released (we all know it’s a very big IF), there will be renewed interest in the system and prices for S lenses will recover from the absurd low level.

Anyway, in the meantime, let’s shoot the hell out of the system!

Paratom

Ok, makes sense indeed Not to sell for those prices today, and optically these are very very fine lenses.
However I have changed my habbits and lenses like the 30, 45, 120 are nowadays somewhat too big for my taste To carry around.
specially if I compare this with a xcd 38mm for example.
so I do hope for some smaller lenses in the future, and then would use a mix of maybe 1 or 2 hopefully smaller lenses and keep some of the great existing lenses. Anyways, If and whenever such a camera will become truth….

Paul Spinnler

Well Leicas is on a roll – they'll just release some new bodies in the coming weeks and the S is being worked on ... so all good in Leica land!