The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Z7 ii clipping warning??

MrNikon

Hello everyone. I am the happy owner of the Z7ii camera that i use for landscape photography. However i find it annoying that Nikon does not offer "zebra striping" or other clipping warning on the screen or in the viewfinder. Am i missing something here??. Or does anyone know if Nikon will fix this in a future firmware update??. Really mis this oppertunity!!..

Best regards
Per J

Darin Marcus

As far as I can tell, there is clipping warning (highlight display) for photos in playback mode only, and zebra stripes (display pattern) in movie mode only. Since even the more recent cameras (Z9, Z30) do not display such information during photo taking, I am not sure Nikon would add them to older cameras through firmware updates.

Last edited:

MrNikon

You are probably right. It would just be so usefull and it is something that Sony and i think also Canon offers....
We will have to see what the future brings.