The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Don (DAG)

A

a_summarita

Has anyone gotten anything back from Don lately? I sent in a Canon 50mm .95 for M conversion six months ago and I am still waiting. Don hasn't been replying to any emails either.

I know he's known for taking his time but.... :cry:

YamasDigital

I received my M9 calibrated after I dropped it in less than 10 days to/from Wisconsin to Honolulu. I would call him to remind him.:clap:

Shac

While I usually get a reply quite quickly - I find the telephone is an effective way to contact him

Leicadoc

Don seldom communicates by email until the job is done.
I got an email from him yesterday, thanking me for the Holiday e card I sent him.
If you are concerned, call him in the morning about 9 local, weekdays.

A

a_summarita

Thanks peeps. I will give him a call then.

Happy holidays!

drazin

i sent him a canon 0.95 lens november 2009 and just got it back last month.

almost a full year of waiting !!

wjlapier

i sent him a canon 0.95 lens november 2009 and just got it back last month.

almost a full year of waiting !!
My Canon 50/.95 took over a year--close to a year and a half. I didn't need it, and I am so busy with family stuff, I would forget he had for so long. He I would talk about some projects I proposed to him and he would say he would get the lens finished soon :) I was pleasantly surprised when he sent me an invoice for payment.

The workmanship is the best. Not sure how you want it converted. I asked to have a Leica Viso III mount and 6 bit coding.

A

a_summarita

sweet love thanks for replying, drazin and wjlapier!

Now i am wondering whether i should give him a call because from the look of things, i still have to wait for another half year! :p

A

a_summarita

hehe the lens arrived. Amazing work and I love my new baby :)

Godfrey

Marvelous soft feel to that portrait.

And good to hear that DAG is still around and working. It's been years since i spoke to him ... he did a number of jobs for me on Leica and Minox cameras.

A

a_summarita

Thanks Godfrey.

The focus field is really, really thin. If you focus on the nose, the eyes will get soften, as you can see from above. O_O

i guess that's what f/.95 gets you

jeffwros

Don fixed a light leak I had on my M6. Turnaround was around 2 months (received a few weeks ago) and he will continue to get my business in the future! He's around. Hang in there or give him a call.

:)

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member
Thanks Godfrey.

The focus field is really, really thin. If you focus on the nose, the eyes will get soften, as you can see from above. O_O

i guess that's what f/.95 gets you
And at f/.95, if you land focus on the eyes the nose is too soft and it shows at the closest focal distance. Back off about three or four feet, or stop it down to about f/2 and you'll love it even more.