The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya ZD Tethered to Windows 7 64bit

homeiss

The Mamiya ZD driver will not install in Windows 7 since it wasn't written for 64bit systems. However, since I know a handfull of people are still using the Mamiya ZD system, I just wanted to share that I have tweaked the driver file and it will now work with 64bit Windows systems. So if you have a ZD and have been longing to tether to your 64bit Windows box, look no further.

So here's what to do... You can either download and unzip the attachment from this post or open notepad and create a file called "MOPCAMZD.INF" and copy this into it:

; MOPCAM.INF -- Windows Still Image Setup File for Windows2000
; Copyright (c) 2006 Mamiya Digital Imaging Co.,Ltd.

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Version]
Signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=Image
ClassGUID={6bdd1fc6-810f-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}
Provider=%Provider%

[SourceDisksNames]
77="MAMIYA Still Image Driver",,,

[SourceDisksFiles]
;myDriver.sys=77,,

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir=11 ; LDID_SYS
MOPCAM.CopySys32Files=10,system32\drivers

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Manufacturer]
%Mfg%=Models,ntamd64

[Models]
%MOPCAM.DeviceDesc% = MOPCAM.Camera,SBP2\MAMIYA&DIGITAL&CMDSETID104D8

[Models.ntamd64]
%MOPCAM.DeviceDesc% = MOPCAM.Camera,SBP2\MAMIYA&DIGITAL&CMDSETID104D8

[MOPCAM.Camera]
Include=sti.inf
Needs=STI.SCSISection
SubClass=StillImage
DeviceType=2

CopyFiles=MOPCAM.CopyFiles,MOPCAM.CopySys32Files

[MOPCAM.Camera.Services]
Include=sti.inf
Needs=STI.SCSISection.Services

[MOPCAM.CopyFiles]
;myDriver.sys

[MOPCAM.CopySys32Files]
scsiscan.sys

[Strings]
Mfg = "MAMIYA"
MOPCAM.DeviceDesc = "MAMIYA DIGITAL ZD"
Once you have that file saved just go into device manager, locate the ZD driver from the tree, right click and select "Update Driver Software..." Now select the "Browse my Computer" option, click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers" and select "Have Disk..." It will pop open a new window and you browse to the folder where you put the MOPCAMZD.INF file and select it. It will probably tell you something about the driver not being digitally signed, just say you want to install it anyway. That's it! Now you can install Mamiya Remote Capture Beta and start shooting tethered.

I couldn't get the Mamiya Digital PhotoStudio software to install in Win 7 but, Mamiya Remote Capture Beta installed just fine and I can successfully tether. Also, this method should work for 64bit Vista and XP too.

Enjoy! :D
Cory