The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Cambo Technical Cameras Product Updates

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hello everyone I am here in Atlanta at Capture Integration at Cambo demo days along with Rene Rook from Cambo. Today a GetDPI exclusive announcement of a new compendium hood and a new Iphone viewfinder holder. These are new products in current production and Iphone holders in route to Capture Integration. Timing for the new hood is roughly 4 weeks out for delivery to customers. The new hoods will will work with all lenses from the 23mm to 150mm and beyond. The hoods and Iphone have unique attachments to the various Cambo tech cam models and also to any tech cam with a hot shoe attached as well. On the Anniversary Edition there are two screws on either side of the hot shoe which on that model a special adapter is provided that goes right over the hot shoe itself plus another adapter to that which will add a hot shoe on top of it also.

Shown here is a prototype of the hood which a couple minor adjustments are being applied as we report this announcement. So production models will be slightly different.

Here are a couple shots of the hood which BTW rotates to both landscape and portrait modes.

Guy Mancuso

Re: New Cambo Technical cameras Product Updates

Also announced today is the new Iphone viewfinder. Which can attach via hot shoe or special adapter over the hot shoe. So this unit can fit any supplied hot shoe camera. A unique feature is a simple press button release for landscape mode to portrait mode.

Shown in these images is a .65 Schneider kit lens which is sold separately. Also separately is the viewfinder software for the Iphone which can be download through the Apple App. Store

Guy Mancuso

Re: New Cambo Technical cameras Product Updates

Both hood and Iphone can be ordered today through Capture Integration USA and other International Cambo retailers. The cost of the New Cambo Hood is 699.00 US and Iphone Viewfinder attachment without the Schneider lens kit for 399.00 US

Don Libby

Will the hood fit the older WRS's? Your write-up makes it seem that these will only fit the AE. Also just to be clear - there's a hot shoe on top of the hood attachment for the viewfinder?

Steve Hendrix

Will the hood fit the older WRS's? Your write-up makes it seem that these will only fit the AE. Also just to be clear - there's a hot shoe on top of the hood attachment for the viewfinder?

Yes it will. As you can see from the photos above, the AE utilizes a step up adapter that fits into existing holes on the top side of the AE camera. This adapter creates a platform over the cold shoe to mount the Lens Shade or iPhone Holder. The WRS does not possess these holes. As a result, there is a similar adapter (seen below) that fits into the cold shoe of the WRS itself (it could also be used optionally with the AE). The adapter for the Lens Shade and iPhone Holder will then fit into that platform.

The Lens Shade is only a limited option for the WDS. While there is the ability to insert the step up adapter into the cold shoe of the WDS, since the lens performs the rise and fall, there are limits as to when one could use the Lens Shade with the WDS. The iPhone Holder has no such limitations.

Steve Hendrix

Ztacir

The name of the program is "Viewfinder Pro" which includes almost every camera brand and models.Alpa viewfinder includes only Alpa cameras.
Ziya

stephengilbert

Does it matter whether cameras are listed? The ALPA app lists lenses and backs, and lets you save your choices.

If you have a Digitar 72 and an IQ 160, for example, what difference does it make how they're attached to each other?

Guy Mancuso

Exactly I just used Alpa Max for my Cambo my back name and put in the real lenses I have. Not sure of all the apps out there that are like that.

Guy Mancuso

Morning everyone I have some updated photos here from Cambo that shows a illustrated view of how it all works.

dchew

Guy,
The lens shade looks very interesting! How is the rotation? Does it have stops every 90 degrees or does it spin freely?

Dave