The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

CFV-50c !!

danlindberg

Found it here.....

"The new, state-of-the-art CFV-50c, which will have an €11,000 price tag, boasts the same feature-rich functionality and performance level as the acclaimed H5D-50c camera - providing V System users with a unique opportunity to benefit from latest digital capture technology, including outstanding ISO capability."

2014-07-21_CFV_50c

ondebanks

Time to get a 503 CWD ... !
Or an RZ67 ProII? Doesn't this V-mount offering undercut the Phase One IQ250, not just on V bodies but also in either V-mount or M-mount on an RZ67? (Bigger crop factor on a 6x7 though, obviously...).

Excellent news overall - well done Hasselblad (can't recall the last time I ever said that!)

Ray

f8orbust

Did i miss some point or is it not possible to choose live view without tethering the back?
That's correct as far as I can tell - just as with the 50c on the H5, live view is via tethering only, which is a shame. If you wanted to use this on a tech cam, that's a drawback.

Still, €11k ~ $15k ... which is about $20k less than the P1's offering for the same sensor, the IQ250. So this is possibly about the most 'sensible' (given that $15k is still a significant chunk of change) introductory price for a new DB ever.

Jim

P.S. I wonder what P1 will do price-wise? Probably nothing - I can imagine henrik håkonsson is currently sitting at his desk with his eyes shut and his fingers in his ears...

Last edited:

edouard

'so great and surprising to see that they still update the CFV backs! "It's alive" (I mean Hasselblad ;-)
Let's hope this 50Mpx CMOS MF sensor is a commercial success for Sony, so they will keep making new (and larger) ones

BANKER1

At $15,000.00 it is about double the price it should be. How can Pentax with an entire camera and the same sensor, sell theirs at half the price of the CFV-50CII? As much as I'd like to have this back, I will not be buying one at that price.

Greg

f8orbust

At $15,000.00 it is about double the price it should be...
Couldn't agree more - but in the context of what's gone before, at least this is a step in the right direction.

Given this DB's price-point, along with that of the 645Z - which seems to be garnering high-praise indeed - the current line-up of other DB offerings look embarrassingly overpriced.

Shashin

Wait... Where is the pity name, like Saturn V, and the wooden handle and bling? You could hardly recognize this as a Hasselblad...

Of course, the price is out of this world...

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
At $15,000.00 it is about double the price it should be. How can Pentax with an entire camera and the same sensor, sell theirs at half the price of the CFV-50CII? As much as I'd like to have this back, I will not be buying one at that price.

Greg
Hasselblad charges $15,000 because they know photographers with 500/200 Series cameras are willing to pay that much. Changing to Pentax would mean a considerable extra cost for new lenses, often at as much as $5,000 each. In addition, to use film with the Pentax, an extra camera body is needed, adding considerable weight and bulk. The Pentax is a great camera, but it is what it is: an integrated DSLR.

Add to that the fact that the V-mount can be adapted to some other bodies, like the GX680, and an assortment of large format and technical camera systems, and this looks like a rather sweet deal. If I had the money, I would have ordered this right away.

Not quite the back I had been dreaming of, but it´s nice to see that Hasselblad has not completely abandoned the V-System!