The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M Mount Extension Tubes

O

OzRay

I'm guessing that the answer will be no, based on an extensive Internet search and the nature of rangefinder cameras, but just in case, was there ever an extension tube/s ever made in the M mount?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd like to try some macro work with my Voigtlander lenses on my Pen. I know I can use my 4/3s gear for this, but I wanted to continue the m4/3s theme as much as possible.

Cheers

Ray

V

Vivek

Ray, You may want to find a better search engine. If you look in this board, you will find that I made the first m4/3rds to M adapter using an M extension tube.

O

OzRay

Ray, You may want to find a better search engine. If you look in this board, you will find that I made the first m4/3rds to M adapter using an M extension tube.
Link would be interesting, or specific search words to use, as I can't even find anything on this forum using search.

Cheers

Ray

O

OzRay

I'm still at a loss. That link showed a Leica M mount to m4/3s adapter (or LSM adapter), not an extension tube for the M mount.

Cheers

Ray

henningw

I'm still at a loss. That link showed a Leica M mount to m4/3s adapter (or LSM adapter), not an extension tube for the M mount.

Cheers

Ray
Look for a Leica OUFRO/16469. It's a short extension ring; I think it might be the only extension ring Leica made with M male/female connectors.

If you want to do macro stuff, there are a lot of other options. I like using my Nikon AI 200/4 Micro Nikkor. If you can get hold of a screw mount helicoid (I have one by Kilfitt and one by Pentax) you can easily adapt them to Leica M, with M4-LTM and LTM-M adapters. There are a lot of LTM mount macro capable lenses available, from most enlarging lenses to specific macro lenses such as Photars and Luminars. Many companies, including Nikon but particularly Canon made a big variety of LTM extension tubes that can sometimes be had for very little. I've had 25, 50, 75, 100 and 200mm tubes for a while.

I can hook my G1 into this:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/Stuff/IMG_1438.jpg.html

and this works very well with it:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/Stuff/IMG_1439.jpg.html

Henning

JBurnett

M-mount extension tubes do exist. They're just not very common.

However, there appears to be one on eBay right now (Aug 17, 2009) -- item number 300338358702

Last edited:
O

OzRay

Look for a Leica OUFRO/16469. It's a short extension ring; I think it might be the only extension ring Leica made with M male/female connectors.

If you want to do macro stuff, there are a lot of other options. I like using my Nikon AI 200/4 Micro Nikkor. If you can get hold of a screw mount helicoid (I have one by Kilfitt and one by Pentax) you can easily adapt them to Leica M, with M4-LTM and LTM-M adapters. There are a lot of LTM mount macro capable lenses available, from most enlarging lenses to specific macro lenses such as Photars and Luminars. Many companies, including Nikon but particularly Canon made a big variety of LTM extension tubes that can sometimes be had for very little. I've had 25, 50, 75, 100 and 200mm tubes for a while.

I can hook my G1 into this:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/Stuff/IMG_1438.jpg.html

and this works very well with it:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/hwulff/Stuff/IMG_1439.jpg.html

Henning
That's an impressive kit. Yes, I saw a list of all the micro/macro lenses available to fit the M mount (one way or the other), but I was looking for a simple extension tube and didn't spot one of those.

Cheers

Ray

O

OzRay

M-mount extension tubes do exist. They're just not very common.

However, there appears to be one on eBay right now (Aug 17, 2009) -- item number 300338358702
Auction over and now I just have to wait to receive it. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Cheers

Ray