The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help: Capture1 getting seriously slow. Too many LCC´s?

S

steph.b

I get tired. The perfomance of C1 decreases seriously the more I work with it.
I`m shooting architecture with Cambo WRS, Schneider 35, 47 and 72 and a P45 back. So with each shot i do the calibration shot. Right now i have stored some hundreds of LCC´s in the drop down menu of C1.
Meanwhile every time I hit the LCC dropdown-menu button it takes about 15 to 20 seconds before the turning coloured ball disappears. And C1 needs too much time before i got a full resolution preview browsing through the pictures. And C1 crashes at least every second day.
I did a fresh install of 4.8.3 and removed the old version before installing. No change.
C1 runs on my mac pro 2,0ghz with 5gb ram.
Any ideas? Could the amount of stored LCC´s be the reason for the (dramatic) decrease of speed? And if so, how to get rid of them. Can I edit the list of the stored ones somewhere?

Any tips welcome.

Steph.

cam

Steph,

i just went through this issue on my powerbook... available memory was the issue. as soon as i cleared out my hard disk, everything is running beautifully and quickly again.

i will let those with more experience help you with your settings but, for the moment, i just dumped my entire library on an external hard drive and voilà! C1 is running perfectly again.

thomas

Any tips welcome
are you working in the same session all the time and just open the capture folder of a new shooting within this session? That's not really good. It's better to create a new session for each new shooting.
If you want to, you can delete older LCCs here (obviously you should - you can re-create them any time): user/library/application support/capture one/LCC
In addition it might be helpful to delete the preview files of older folders/sessions. Search for file extension *.cop ... these are the previews C1 stores within the sessions/folder each time in a folder named "cache".

J

Jamesmd

The same here , I divided folders in smaller ones with less shots , I reinstalled as said on phase one web , I defragmented drives , and it's still very very slow . It wasn't some time ago .
I don't know if I did some mac update it didn't like .

I'm hoping C1 v5 works better for me . It's very fustrating .

S

steph.b

are you working in the same session all the time and just open the capture folder of a new shooting within this session? That's not really good. It's better to create a new session for each new shooting.
hi thomas, i create a new session for each new shooting.

If you want to, you can delete older LCCs here (obviously you should - you can re-create them any time): user/library/application support/capture one/LCC
In addition it might be helpful to delete the preview files of older folders/sessions. Search for file extension *.cop ... these are the previews C1 stores within the sessions/folder each time in a folder named "cache".
This advice was really (!) helpful. I deleted all the (526) LCC´s on the macbook, that I use for tethered shooting and... C1 flies again! It was definitely the amount of stored LCC´s. I then deleted also the *.cop -files, but C1 was already fast again. So not much happened.
Will try this tomorrow on my MacPro.

Thanks!

steph.

thomas

I then deleted also the *.cop -files, but C1 was already fast again. So not much happened.
as you create new sessions all the time that's not an issue. But if you assemble a lot of folder whithin a single session and set them all as so called "favorite" folder C1 caches all the folders that are set as favorites. That can slow down C1.
Glad it's fast again now.

edit: oh, yes, and I think the LCCs are cached as well