The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Asian Images

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Since most of my photos are taken in Asia, I thought that it might be a good idea to start a thread for Asian images. Nothing wrong with the Nikon forum where I've been posting photos for a couple of years now, but I don't really care what kind of hammer the carpenter who builds my house uses, as long as the end result provides shelter for me and... my cameras :rolleyes:

And that goes for photos as well I believe, more or less. So here we go, with a portrait of a real Siamese sailor, taken on a supply boat somewhere out in the Gulf of Siam.

D80 with 80-200 AF-S @ 200mm and f/3.2

ReeRay

Thanks Jorgen

Youngster at my kids school preparing for dance display

Used a 70-200 F4 L IS @189mm and fill-in flash

K

Kiri

Great idea for a thread. Here are some of mine:

From Kowloon, looking over the water at the Hong Kong Island skyline:

From Sihanoukville, Cambodia:

From Bali:

From Osaka, Japan:

And there's a lot more (especially from Japan) on my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/memoki/

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
That's a beautiful shot from Cambodia, Ray.

Kiri, the Hong Kong night skyline is a classic. I wonder why many times I've been standing there cursing myself for not bringing a tripod.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Very cool photos Ian(?), particularly the last two.

Here is one from Freezing Thailand around 06.00 hrs. this morning:

D300 with Tamron 17-50 @ 22mm and f/3.5

ReeRay

And of course, the longnecks of Mae Hong Song

Shot 15 years ago on an Olympus C-2020 which I think was a mighty 2mp job!

ReeRay

Canon 5D - 17-40 L

Considered a delicacy in Siem Reap, Cambodia these "edible" spiders are actually poisonous but de-fanged prior to cooking! Offered to tourists at the overland stop.

I settled for a bag of crisps!

ReeRay

Street urchins Angkor Wat Siem Reap Cambodia.

These kids are amazing. No schooling whatsoever; but take the little girl at the front: 8 years old and her sales pitch is to question where you are from and then she'll reel off the population, currency and capital city. I tried her on 6 different locations and she was bang on. The irony is they can all do it and usually in 7 different languages as well.

This shot cost me $12 dollars ($2 each) and, entertainment wise, was worth every dime.

Amazing Country and the friendliest people I've ever encountered.