The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Macro options for m4/3

Michiel Schierbeek

I stopped going to Houten a while ago.

I have not used my Vivitar S1 90/2.5 on the m4/3rds thusfar. Too heavy.

So, Jerry is also from the Netherlands?
Why did you stop to go to Houten?
To many old Exakta grandpa's and to much of the same old heavy lenses?

What is really silly that there is no EFTPOS and that nobody sells adapters for all those lenses. It is mostly for for collectors.
Talked to a guy who had almost everything of Voigtländer (till before it went Cosina) and Zeiss Ikon, but he only took snapshots with a little compact.

V

Vivek

Average youngest age (buyers/visitors) is ~65.

Exakta junk and unreal Russian sellers with astounding prices.

Michiel Schierbeek

Average youngest age (buyers/visitors) is ~65.

Exakta junk and unreal Russian sellers with astounding prices.
It was better this year and not all exakta lenses are junk.
Average age was a little lower too. It would be boring too if they were all around 25 :D

JerryMK

I stopped going to Houten a while ago.

I have not used my Vivitar S1 90/2.5 on the m4/3rds thusfar. Too heavy.

So, Jerry is also from the Netherlands?
Hi Vivek, yes I am also from the Netherlands :) from Maarssen to be more precise.

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Vivek and Jerry,

let me know if something happens, I'm in Brussels which is not so far away !
And, laptoprob is also in Holland, I think !

C U,
Rafael

V

Vivek

Not that there is anything wrong with that :ROTFL:

Just turned 66 a week ago.

Keith
May you live another 66! :thumbs:

(Some of those folks stopped showing the following year. Was depressing for me.)

JBurnett

Nothing to do with MACRO, but I can't help notice how many photographers from the Netherlands there are in this forum. And there would seem to be just as many Canadians.

BTW, our local "public" television station here in Toronto (TVO) broadcast a documentary on Dutch photographer Sanne Sannes tonight. Very interesting.

Michiel Schierbeek

Nothing to do with MACRO, but I can't help notice how many photographers from the Netherlands there are in this forum. And there would seem to be just as many Canadians.

BTW, our local "public" television station here in Toronto (TVO) broadcast a documentary on Dutch photographer Sanne Sannes tonight. Very interesting.
Hello John,

Sanne Sannes was very welknown in the sixtys in Holland. He died young, at thirty in a carcrash, and recently his brother finally opened up his archive of photographs. Some new and unknown photographs.
He was ahead of his time and that was what made him quiet famous at young age in Holland. He was just starting to draw attention internationally just before he died.

PS Always enjoy your contributions with the good eye for detail, composition and presentation :)
Regards, Michiel

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
Hello John,

Sanne Sannes was very welknown in the sixtys in Holland. He died young, at thirty in a carcrash, and recently his brother finally opened up his archive of photographs. Some new and unknown photographs.
He was ahead of his time and that was what made him quiet famous at young age in Holland. He was just starting to draw attention internationally just before he died.

PS Always enjoy your contributions with the good eye for detail, composition and presentation :)
Regards, Michiel
Michiel

I would like to find out more, but I can't find anything worthwhile in English on the internet. Any ideas?

I'm in Canada, but I missed the program that John saw. I will check to see if TVO has it online.

Keith

JBurnett

Regards, Michiel
Thank-you, Michiel. Regarding macro options (better get back to the topic of this thread), I have the ZD 35mm f/3.5 macro. It's light, sharp wide open, inexpensive, and it does 1:1. Impressive, really. OTOH, I'm finding macro focusing-by-wire a bit tiresome, and there are times when I'd like the working distance to be greater. So I'm considering other options, which is the main reason I'm monitoring this discussion. Aside from image quality, size and weight will be important criteria for me.

Michiel Schierbeek

Michiel

I would like to find out more, but I can't find anything worthwhile in English on the internet. Any ideas?

I'm in Canada, but I missed the program that John saw. I will check to see if TVO has it online.

Keith
Everything I can find is in Dutch, I don't know if the film was translated in English, I mean the one John saw.
I have a link to the dutch version.
player.omroep.nl/?aflID=10250126
To see full screen hit : Bekijk volledig scherm

There is an exhibition in Foam ( Fotomuseum)right now.
http://www.foam.nl/index.php?pageId=10&tentoonId=188

On Utube you can see pages from his famous book -Oog om oog -( Eye on eye)
It is not much :rolleyes:
Kind regards, Michiel

JBurnett

RE: Sanne Sannes. Keith, the documentary on TVO was in Dutch, but had English subtitles. I just googled and came up a bit of info in English. Compared to the documentary, most of the Internet info seems to be superficial and based more on his 'reputation' (some of which he fostered, of course), rather than any critical evaluation of his work. But there are examples of his work.

http://www.lensculture.com/hup.html
http://www.laurencemillergallery.com/sannesannes_erotica.html

This was the documentary:
http://www.idfa.nl/en/info/film.aspx?id=72d9d146-9c7b-47cb-95c1-92fba2ccdd83