The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Contax G to MFT adapter - anyone?

Godfrey

The protectors have to be trimmed or snipped, by just a bit, on the 21 and 28. On the 35-70, they can be removed by taking out four screws.
Could anyone post a photo of the 21mm lens with protectors trimmed?

I'm considering whether it makes any sense to buy a Biogon 21/2.8 and adapter in lieu of the Lumix G 20/1.7. I haven't got either one at present. I'd also like to see more photos made with it..

The Biogon 21 plus adapter is a more expensive purchase. it has to perform pretty darn well to be worth the price premium and bother of modification over the G 20 lens. I'm interested because in some ways I do prefer a manual lens, but there are limits.

I know I'll most likely just order the G20/1.7. ;-)

That Sonnar 90/2.8, on the other hand, might be irresistible!

monza

Godfrey, the 21 as you know is a great lens, but it's costs at 50% more than the 20/1.7 and is slower to boot. And you will not sharpness all the way to the edge, it will have corner smearing. That is acceptable to some people, others, not so much.

In my case, I still shoot with my Contax G2, and plan to use the 21 with film for the wide angle. I don't plan to use it on my Panny G1.

Godfrey

Pretty much as expected here, monza. It's an enticing fantasy, but I expect pretty surely that the G 20/1.7 is going to be the winner in this focal length range for these cameras.

I haven't shot film seriously since 2003ish, and only do so for occasional entertainment nowadays and because I have a ton of the stuff still in the freezer. It'll probably last me the rest of my life!

K

kvarnelis

There is absolutely no need to snip anything (or even anything I can see to snip) on the 35, 45, or 90 lenses, at least not with the jinfinance adapter.

monza

Stephen, looking at next week when we'll have the first gear sets. More info soon. Thanks for everyone's interest. :)

M

mintra

I got my olympus pen looks great. The large LCD panel gives a clear image of the back of the black plastic disc on the front of the camera.

I have found that if I remove the black disc from the front of the camera there is some sort of thread.

Has anyone got any idea what is meant to fit in here?

:ROTFL:

P

plupcoutrielo

Contax G to MFT adapter anyone

everybody.

Im about to buy a G7 as a back-up to DSLR, and was just wondering if there is anything particular about filter adapter rings with the cameras new self-capping design. Can anyone recommend a good quality/value adapter ring for the G7? I already have 58mm CPLs, can I use them hassle free on the G7?

Thanks

Howard

Monza,

Does your photo mean that you have the first production copy of the Contax G adapter to the M4/3?

M

mintra

Revised brass gear design

Sounds expensive, almost steampunk

Look forward to seeing it

slau

I have decided to wait until early next year to get a G adapter. Hopefully I will have a choice by then. So far, only the RJ adapter is available and its price is good enough to try it out.

Btw, I have found another source for M43 adapters that are priced even a lot less than the RJ adapters. The seller is relatively new and I have not deal with him before. On pictures, his adapters look good. I am hoping that he will come out with his version of G adapter in the near future. Competition is good for consumers :).

http://shop.ebay.com/rainbowimaging/m.html?_nkw=g1&_sacat=0&_trksid=p3911.m270.l1313&_odkw=&_osacat=0

f6cvalkyrie

Btw, I have found another source for M43 adapters that are priced even a lot less than the RJ adapters. The seller is relatively new and I have not deal with him before.
I have a Leica-M adaptor from rainbowimaging, bought on the evilbay.
Good deal, fast delivery, ... no problem at all !

C U
Rafael

s.agar

OK, I have the Fotodiox adapter. I tried the 35mm lens. Focusing is sometimes easy, sometimes shows resistance around the middle of the range.

Now, how am I going to remove the lens from the adapter?
Thats difficult.

Jaladhi

To remove the adapter, press the lens release lever in the opposite direction and then turn the adapter. Basically, you have to press the lens release lever in one direction to release the lens from the camera body and the opposite direction to release the adapter from the lens. Unfortunately, fotodiox does not come with any kind of instructions. I hope this helps.

I also found that the adapter was not very pleasant to use because of the somewhat awkward position of the focusing wheel and the unevenly smooth movement of that wheel.

slau

OK, I have the Fotodiox adapter. I tried the 35mm lens. Focusing is sometimes easy, sometimes shows resistance around the middle of the range.

Now, how am I going to remove the lens from the adapter?
Thats difficult.
I am not aware of a G adapter from Fotodiox. Checking their website, I could not find the information either. Can you post a link to the Fotodiox Contax G adapter please? Thank you.