The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Sigma SD14-F: Nikon F mount DSLR with Foveon "King of Sharpness" sensor

ZoranC

For sale is very gently used mint condition Sigma SD14 DSLR body that has been modified to take Nikon F mount lenses using professional mount by Luis Guevarra of www.sigmacumlaude.com.

This means that you will be able to use many of your Nikon lenses on Foveon sensor body that has reputation of killer sharpness.

Sigma brags that Foven offers sharper resolution pixel for pixel than any conventional image sensor thanks to facts that it does NOT have an anti-aliasing filter and that, unlike Bayer-type sensors used in all other modern cameras, Foveon sensor due to it's design does not have to interpolate pixels.

For more information please check www.sigmaphoto.com and www.sigmacumlaude.com.

All the original accessories that came with it are included, manual, CD, charger, battery, USB cable, video cable, strap, and original Sigma registration card.

I am asking $690 PP-ed and shipped within CONUS.

ZoranC

Re: FS: Sigma SD14-F: Nikon F mount DSLR with Foveon "King of Sharpness" sensor

These are going for $1000 when bought already modified by SigmaCumLaude or $900-ish if you DIY.

Here are pictures of the item:

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member

ZoranC,

What auto functions work, using Nikon mount lenses (assume late versions)? I am thinking 14–24 and 24 PC-E lenses, in particular. Cheers, kl

ZoranC

What auto functions work, using Nikon mount lenses (assume late versions)? I am thinking 14–24 and 24 PC-E lenses, in particular.
Electronic interfaces of Sigma and Nikon are not compatible so control of focus and aperture has to be manual.

P.S. Please notice I ship only within CONUS.

ZoranC

Got socks for Xmas? Treat yourself to what you really wanted :)