The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Five new NX lenses to be released this year

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
According to DPreview, Samsung will release the following lenses during 2010:

First half of 2010

Standard Zoom Lens: 18-55mm F3.5-5.6, Non OIS

Second half of 2010
Compact Zoom Lens: 20-50mm F3.5-5.6
Wide Pancake Lens: 20mm F2.8

Release date to be announced
Super Zoom Lens: 18-200mm F3.5-6.3, OIS
Macro Lens: 60mm F2.8

So, a 30mm-e wide angle and a 90mm-e macro, similar to what Panasonic is offering for m4/3. Why is it that Olympus, Panasonic, and Samsung all fail to perceive any demand for a fast (F1.4) portrait lens (80-90mm-e)?

Rawfa

If samsung had simply release this very same camera with a micro 4/3 mount this camera would be golden.

Jonathon Delacour

Subscriber Member
The question is: are they willing to sell it to anyone? :ROTFL::ROTFL:
Well, I'm supposed to receive an email from B&H as soon it's in stock but now I think I'll wait until there are adapters for Pen F, Rokkor MC/MD, and Hexanon AR lenses available.

Even if I have to wait a long time, by then the Sony "Interchangable lens camera mockup" may have turned into a real camera with real adapters. :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

V

Vivek

Well, we shall see...the G2 might show up with real improvements, much earlier than either the NX (has a bad ring to it, reminds me of the Nikon Capture, "optional" software so that you can open their RAW files) or the Sony fakecams with their old EXMOR sensors (anything less than a new EXMOR-R in APS-C size is not acceptable to me).