The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun Pictures with Nikon

leif e

Thanks, Lloyd! I also liked your similar reflexion effect in the portrait a lot! Is that the AF 1,4/50?

Funny; the S5 feels so much like a D200 in handling and looks (well; it is a D200), but the files coming out of it are very different - and a lot easier to like! :)
leif e

Lloyd

Thanks, Lloyd! I also liked your similar reflexion effect in the portrait a lot! Is that the AF 1,4/50?

Funny; the S5 feels so much like a D200 in handling and looks (well; it is a D200), but the files coming out of it are very different - and a lot easier to like! :)
leif e
Thank you. Leif. Yes, that is the AF version (not the new "G", but the prior version), although I typically shoot portraiture with it on Manual focus.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
And here's my kind of landscape ;)

S5 with Sigma 12-24mm @ 24mm and f/5.6

S5 with Sigma 12-24mm @ 12mm and f/6.3

Oh, and btw., I was rather impressed with the Sigma 12-24. The second photo is not corrected in any way. Still, it looks relatively straight and undistorted. One of the advantages of using a full frame lens on DX format?

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Jorgen - great bw, love the compositions, lots of detail etc. Haven't posted anything since I got my D700, so I thought I would put up a recent endeavor. Here with the 105mmVR...

DonWeston

Subscriber Member
Thanks Jorgen and Lloyd, I had to go back to check and I found out I "lied" it was shot with my old 55mm ais micro at f32..fwiw....spent an afternoon switching back and forth between the two micros and remembered wrong....incipient old age I guess...haha

Lloyd

Thanks Jorgen and Lloyd, I had to go back to check and I found out I "lied" it was shot with my old 55mm ais micro at f32..fwiw....spent an afternoon switching back and forth between the two micros and remembered wrong....incipient old age I guess...haha
LOL! I know just how that works... and I love that old 55mm micro. One of my all-time favorite lenses for Nikon. Great shot either way!

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Lloyd, you are breaking the rules. Senior portraits are supposed to be boring, 13-on-a-dozen stuff and not beautiful and full of passion as the one you've posted :lecture:

D

ddk

And here's my kind of landscape ;)
You can keep it!

Oh, and btw., I was rather impressed with the Sigma 12-24. The second photo is not corrected in any way. Still, it looks relatively straight and undistorted. One of the advantages of using a full frame lens on DX format?
I too like the Sigma 12-24, its a true rectilinear design even @12mm and on FX camera. It definitely has less distortion than Nikon's 14-24 at 14mm and below. The difference in sharpness when stopped down isn't as much as some lead you to believe either. My only qualm with the lens is its slow AF but I use it in mf mode anyway.

routlaw

There's a lot of really nice work being posted on the Nikon forums lately, congratulations to all, very nice work!

Rob

leif e

Some night shots from Skaftafell national park.
QUOTE]

Stuart, I love your images of Icelandic mountains. Just finished reading and reviewing Arnaldur Indridasons latest book translated into Norwegian. You pics really give the mood for the disapperance of Erlendur´s brother.:shocked:

More of Iceland, please. One day soon I´ll find a way to get there myself.

leif e