The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Summilux 35mm f1.4 pre-ASPH (black)

nandemofoto

FOR SALE
Leica M Summilux 35mm f1.4 lens (pre-ASPH) sn.299xxxx

The glass is great, no scratches, haze or fungus. Very few spec of dust.
Some wear on the lens barrel and aperture blades but no oil. Focus is smooth. The lens comes with both caps.

Insured, trackable international shipping and "personal payment" paypal fees will be paid by me.

***Price: 1700$***

*Due to unreliable postal services I will not ship to Italy or African countries.*

I've sold over 10 items on this forum and have a spotless record. I also have a perfect record on RFF as nandemofoto and ebay as js_krakow.

Last edited:

nandemofoto

New price: 1650$

Insured, trackable international shipping and "personal payment" paypal fees will be paid by me.

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
Is this lens fully functional on an M9? I have had this lens on my list for a while, but vaguely remember a problem of some sort on the Leica digitals.

blimey

Is this lens fully functional on an M9? I have had this lens on my list for a while, but vaguely remember a problem of some sort on the Leica digitals.
Ive done the same research and got this lens as well recently. It will work on the M9 but not on the M8. Now, Im just waiting for my M9. :mad:

ashwinrao1

Why wouldn't it work on the M8 but work fine on the M9? I have tested a pre-asph lux that looks a lot like this on both an M8 and M9, seemed to work fine...

JimCollum

couple from the M8 and this lens. (both shot wide open). This and the 50 pre-asph lux are my two favorite lenses on the M8

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
FWIW, I had one and it did "stick" at infinity on my M8 -- the rear barrel edge just wedged under the sensor box edge. No damage was done to either component, just made hitting infinity difficult if you were in a hurry.

That aside, it was one of my all-time favorite M lenses...

blimey

it looks like the seller may retract his intention now. it really does have a unique output and i do quite like it. luckily i purchased one from mikel! who's a pleasure to deal with and definitely knows his gear.

ampguy

Have heard that some early ones, probably ones with infinity lock may have M8 shroud clearance issues with the M8.

I have s/n 3,28x,xxx which is late enough to not have any infinity lock. No clearance issues at all with M8s, or M9s.

Here's a recent photo from it with the M8 at ISO 2500:

TimothyHyde

Subscriber Member
I'm really interested in this, and it is encouraging that you are using it on your M9 with such beautiful results. Could I talk you in to sharing some photos with the combo at infinity? Thanks.

ampguy

Hi Timothy, not sure if you're referring to me, but I only have an M8.

I'm really interested in this, and it is encouraging that you are using it on your M9 with such beautiful results. Could I talk you in to sharing some photos with the combo at infinity? Thanks.

nandemofoto

*NEW PRICE*

1650$