The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: M9, WATE, 28, 50, 90

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
First of all, I apologize for my "pre-announcement" post earlier this week, which was against forum rules, as I didn't list any prices. I forgot about the rule, and was off-line for 48 hours after the post - my apologies.

This sale is a GetDPI exclusive and will be listed only here on GetDPI for the first four days. If anything is unsold at that point, then I'll list this on other sites.

I'm selling off my Leica M kit in order to fund some other projects (non photography related projects). This is a very painful choice for me, as I've never loved any system like I love the M9. I hope to return to the M system at some point.

Here's the list of items for sale, and prices. Details for each item are listed down below.

These will be relisted in July:
$1,700 - Leica 35 Summicron ASPH hand-coded (black)
$1,100 - Leica 90 Summarit 6-bit coded (black)

Pending/Sold:
$7,000 - Leica M9 (black) [SOLD]
$3,400 - Leica 16-18-21 WATE 6-bit coded w/ finder (black) [SOLD]
$2,500 - Leica 28 Summicron ASPH 6-bit coded (black) [SOLD]
$3,400 - Leica 50 Summilux ASPH 6-bit coded (black) [SOLD]
$2,400 - Leica 90 APO ASPH 6-bit coded (black) [SOLD]

Note that all prices are "Net to me" (buyer to pay for any fees and shipping). Priority will be given to buyers who buy multiple items, are in the US, or are GetDPI members that I know.

I have UV/IR filters for most of the lenses. If you want a filter with the lens, let me know. If I have one that fits, I'll add it for $50.

I'm listing descriptions below. Photos will follow within a couple of days for any items still remaining.

Leica M9 (black)
Serial number: 3804471
Included: Original box and all accessories, plus many extras described below

I purchased this from an authorized dealer (who is also a GetDPI member) last September. After I received it, I sent it to DAG to have the focus calibrated, so it focuses perfectly. DAG also calibrated most of my lenses, so this M9 is perfectly matched to the other lenses I have for sale here.

I've replaced the red dot with a black dot, so this M9 has an all black look. Unfortunately, in changing the dot, I made a small scratch in the paint near the dot. The scratch does not go all the way through the paint, so it still looks all black, but it's visible upon close inspection.

This has been my main camera for about 7 months, so there are minor signs of usage. Slight brassing on the top front left corner, and light signs of usage in other areas. I take very good care of my gear, so the body has never been exposed to rain, and has been carefully wiped down after any shoots at the coast (near salt water). There are no functional issues.

For my listed price above, I'm including many accessories, worth over $800: 4 extra batteries, Thumbs Up CS EP mod 1, Leica M grip, Really Right Stuff L-bracket, Black Artisan & Artist silk strap, and black soft release.

If someone wants to buy just the M9 without the extras, I'll consider selling it for $7,000. Priority goes to anyone wanting to buy the whole set.

Leica 16-18-21 WATE (black, 6-bit coded)
Serial number: 4008180
Included: original box, external finder, square hood, caps, all cases, documents, etc.

This lens is in excellent condition, no marks, scratches, haze, etc. Virtually no signs of use.

Leica 28 Summicron ASPH (black, 6-bit coded)
Serial number: 3946537
Included: original box and all accessories, large square hood and cap

This lens is in excellent condition with very minor traces of use (no scratches, marks, etc). At the moment, I can't find the E46 Leica cap that would go on the lens when you're not using the hood, so I'll include a generic version of that cap. The Leica cap for the hood itself is included.

Leica 35 Summicron ASPH (hand-coded, black)
Serial number: 3873466
Included: Original box, case, metal hood, cap

This lens is in excellent condition with very minor traces of use (no marks or scratches). The lens has been hand-coded with a black sharpie, and is properly recognized by my M9.

Leica 50 Summilux ASPH (black, 6-bit coded)
Serial number: 4055483
Included: original box, case, caps (lens has a built-in hood)

This lens is in excellent condition with virtually no signs of use. No marks, scratches, etc. This is a truly amazing lens - probably the best lens I've ever owned.

Leica 90 Summarit (black, 6-bit coded)
Serial number: 4046336
Included: original box, pouch, metal screw-in hood and metal cap

This lens is in excellent condition with no flaws. The rear cap is a generic brand, rather than the original Leica rear cap.

Leica 90 Summicron APO ASPH (black, 6-bit)
Serial number: 3893740
Included: original box, pouch and caps

This lens is in excellent condition with very minor traces of use. I can see one very small piece of hair/lint on an interior element (perhaps 1mm in length).

Last edited:

tom in mpls

Re: FS: M9, 28, 35, 50, 90

Mike, you forgot to list the WATE in your title. Sooooooo tempting.

Amazing package deal for the 9.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: FS: M9, WATE, 28, 35, 50, 90

Thanks for the reminder Tom - I just fixed it.

I'm selling off individual lenses now, as all offers to buy the whole kit have fallen through.

Mike

Last edited:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Sale pending on the WATE, 28 Summicron, and 50 Summilux.

90 APO is Sold.

Last edited:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

The M9 sold, and the buyer did not want the extras. I'll be listing them out separately shortly. First priority will go to anyone who wants to buy the whole bundle of extras for $600 (the value of the bundle is well over $800):

4 extra M8/M9 batteries, Thumbs Up CS EP mod 1, Leica M grip, Really Right Stuff L-bracket, Black Artisan & Artist silk strap, and black soft release.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

OK, I've got three buyers who want the M9 accessory bundle. I'm waiting for their replies in order. No need to send any offers on any individual accessories.

I should have mentioned in my original ad that I had to make some cuts in the leather of the Luigi case to accomodate my viewfinder magnifier, and my Thumbs Up. I've attached some photos below to show the cuts I made (top section on the back).

Thanks,
Mike

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

The 35 Summicron ASPH and the 90 Summarit are the only remaining lenses.

If someone wants to buy both as a package deal, I'll sell them together for $2,600.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Last day of the "GetDPI exclusive".

35 cron asph and 90 summarit are both still available. Will sell together for $2,600.

Mike

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
I'll be traveling for the next couple of weeks, and will relist the 35 cron asph, and the 90 summarit, in July.