The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

A question about the G2

V

Vivek

With the body cap on and a ~30s exposure (NR on or off), how many hot pixels show up with the new G2?

TIA!

Y.B.Hudson III

With the body cap on and a ~30s exposure (NR on or off), how many hot pixels show up with the new G2?
0 ...@ 100 ISO with NR ... without NR... it Looks like a starry night sky @ 3000m

:)

maybe 3-5 @ 400 ISO... with NR but hard to say because of the red noise starting to appear?

it makes my eyes hurt and attention deficit disorder doesn't help...

Last edited:
V

Vivek

Thanks a bunch, Hudson. :)

Now, if you do a "Pixel refresh", these may go (speaking from the G1 experience) but will reappear elsewhere after a while.

Initially, I was not sure if these starry night sky scene was chroma noise or dead pixels..

BTW, if you drink a lot of coffee like me, apparently, it leads to short term memory loss. ;):)

V

Vivek

a crop (definitely not 100%) from a G1 frame exposed at 5s and ISO400 (with NR on).

These islets of color sprinkles are not uniform chroma noise at all.

I wonder where these sensors would be classified by some standards (if such a standard is there)?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Great, creative photos guys, and excellent compositions. What tripod did you use to get this level of sharpness? Did you use a ballhead or just a regular panhead? ;)

PS. Would these look better with a Canon?

V

Vivek

Glad you asked, Joergen! ;)

Can you reproduce such beauties with your Kodak sensored E1?;)

PS: I don't know about Canon but even with a lowest priced Nikon DSLR, I had never seen this.

PPS: I can't ask of the NEX owners about this as Sony are yet to make a body cap. :)

V

Vivek

I am trying solve this mystery.

Mystery because I also have shots that is devoid of these sprinkles as well.