The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NY meet July 17th

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Well my first real outing or my first date with my Alpa TC with Phase 25 Plus back . Fun camera. These are all shot with a 47mm XL Schneider. I like the look of this lens

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Nice shots bud!

(And no offense, but I still like Terry's carousel shot better :ROTFL:)

helenhill

GUY:
Love the way your alpa renders the stonework
and Great shot of Chrissie playing in the Fountain

ROBERT:
Thanx for your advice :)
its the first time I've held a lens that BIG
Divine & Dreamy the 85 Summarex but over the top Grande

Best-H

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Guy, pretty darn good zone focussing for your first day with the camera. It's truly a nice thing. The stone texture is great.

Here's one of the same guitar player with Stuart's 50 lux (thanks again Stuart for the tryout).

T.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Thank you Helen! Smitten? Well, I guess I just recognize the need for a "normalizing" influence. Eventually, I will get one.

But I don't think I'll ever feel quite as gooey about the 50 focal length as I do about the 28 and the 75. The 50 is a little like fiber in your diet, necessary but not very exciting. In my opinion of course. Everyone else's mileage may vary.

Tim

helenhill

Thank you Helen! Smitten? Well, I guess I just recognize the need for a "normalizing" influence. Eventually, I will get one.

But I don't think I'll ever feel quite as gooey about the 50 focal length as I do about the 28 and the 75. The 50 is a little like fiber in your diet, necessary but not very exciting. In my opinion of course. Everyone else's mileage may vary.

Tim
Life for me ....in the world of lenses
15 & 75 my new DIscipline / Love it love it
(mind you I have a 50 & 55 that are now on the shelf)
15 for the streets & architecture
75 for portraits & streets

and I am still LUSTING for the 21 Super Angulon /and I'm soooo JEALOUS 'VIERI' is getting one from Ebay very soon ......I can't wait to see his pics
I might just do it & risk my rd1s :bugeyes:
BUT I must remind myself: Stay Disciplined!!
best-H

helenhill

Later in the Day went out to a cafe for Dinner
Killing Time while waiting to meet a client .....these two Jokers passed
CV15 .rd1 :)

Joan

Sure looks like you all had a great day. Nice shots, all!

Guy, your new toy looks awesome, WOW!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Very late to the party but here are a few images from the day that I finally processed.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Very nice CMB. I like the umbrella shot especially.

By coincidence, as you were posting your shots of that day, I was playing with Nik Silver Efex on a few shots from our meeting and ended up with this.