The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad H4D-31

tjv

So Hasselblad has announced a new entry level MF in the H4D-31.
I wonder if it has the same size sensor as the 40? Comes bundled with either a V lens adaptor or 80mm for about $13K.

Also announced revised 50mm and 120mm lenses.

I'd love the new H4d-31. I wonder if Phase are about to offer anything in terms of competitively priced and comparatively specd products?

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hasselblad also has a Ferrari inspired version of a MFDB that it will sell. Not much that Hasselblad is introducing at Photokina ... so, like other manufacturers they too are featuring a special edition model. Some companies believe that if you are going to attend a show and you are in-between product cycles, you have to generate some PR with a splashy product announcement ... no matter the announcement worthiness.

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=4515

Kurt

jlm

Workshop Member
so you hard wire the camera to your laptop and then that connects wirelessly to your I-device...hmmm!

KETCH ROSSI

Hasselblad also has a Ferrari inspired version of a MFDB that it will sell. Not much that Hasselblad is introducing at Photokina ... so, like other manufacturers they too are featuring a special edition model. Some companies believe that if you are going to attend a show and you are in-between product cycles, you have to generate some PR with a splashy product announcement ... no matter the announcement worthiness.

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=4515

Kurt
Hehe, sorry.. PLAIN SILLY!!

Been Italian and all, loving Ferrari, but this is just silly, I will never shoot with a red painted camera.

6x7

oh boy.. I was so badly hoping for a LOUIS VUITTON Hasselblad with some golden applications on it.. and now they came up with that FERRARI camera.. in red… now tell me how does that match my british racing green 612 Scaglietti ?? can someone please give me some advice what to do now… I am very disapointed.

T

tetsrfun

oh boy.. I was so badly hoping for a LOUIS VUITTON Hasselblad with some golden applications on it.. and now they came up with that FERRARI camera.. in red… now tell me how does that match my british racing green 612 Scaglietti ?? can someone please give me some advice what to do now… I am very disapointed.
Hasselblad has a history of releasing "specials". Is this the first "special" H series? Off hand I can remember, in the "V"s Gold and Black, Gray, Red, Blue, Yellow and various "Space" editions. A Ferrari branded 'blad probably will sell well in Asia. (A BRG 612 sounds quite attractive)

Steve

If Hasselblad wanted to get some mindshare without spending a lot of budget, why not just make the H4D in black with black chrome trim. It's the proper color for such a serious camera.

Paul

A

Alexander DeVoe

Wow. I'm damn glad I waited for Photokina to think about investing in a Camera. The H3DII-31 was very tempting, but TrueFocus actually is pretty awesome, having tried it. This is an AMAZING move by Hasse. I'm glad the world of MF is becoming more and more accessible.

Yay! I am excite!

Now... when do you think this beast will actually ship. From what I gather about 'blads is that they seem to take their sweet time shipping cameras. If I ordered relatively soon, do you think I could get it before year end? Anybody have any ideas?

Nick-T

From what I gather about 'blads is that they seem to take their sweet time shipping cameras.
Historically the opposite has been the case, Hasselblad were always very good at announcing product that they had ready to ship. This changed with the announcement of the 60 which being a Dalsa sensor took them ages to learn (their expertise is with Kodak chips). There have been some management changes at Hasselblad since the 60 announcement so hopefully announcements now relate to product that is ready to ship.

Nick-T

A

Alexander DeVoe

Historically the opposite has been the case, Hasselblad were always very good at announcing product that they had ready to ship. This changed with the announcement of the 60 which being a Dalsa sensor took them ages to learn (their expertise is with Kodak chips). There have been some management changes at Hasselblad since the 60 announcement so hopefully announcements now relate to product that is ready to ship.

Nick-T
That is... VERY good news. I am most likely going to be studying in Vienna In the Spring, and I think a new cam before then might be in order. The timing couldn't be more fantastic. Thanks for the intel, I hope you are very much right!

JSK Rangefinder

we've seen Hermes Leica :)

so your LV Hasselblad with gold hardware could be around a corner :thumbup:

don't worry about the colour, badges match perfectly fine hahaha..

fotografz

Hmmm, it mentions a 200 meg Multi-Shot, and that current 50 MS owners can send their camera in for the necessary hardware upgrades.

But instead they feature a "pimp my H" version instead? Should be a hot item in brothel's worldwide.

:wtf:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
What is the downside?

This is why I have been so excited about the Pentax 645D.
Bill the downside just like the P30+ being they use the same sensor it is a generation older . So in comparisons to the new 6 micron sensors it is slower shooting, it has micro lenses, it's a kodak sensor and your buying a older technology which is not a bad thing. Just that you are a step behind, but these sensors have been the workhorses in the rental , fashion industry for a long time and they produce a great file.

The new sensors are faster shooting, 6 micron , Phase has no micro lenses and I think Hassy does . Phase is Dalsa , Hassy is Kodak they will produce less moire than the 31 mpx and they do produce lower noise in the higher ISO's and the are the newer breed and worth more in resale.

The 31mpx is a great entry level now and getting in the door is easier to do because both Hassy and Phase the 40 mpx is the latest backs.