The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

>61MP image files

yaya

I thought this is worth a separate thread which may last a while.
Over the next weeks/ months we'll have more and more photographers/ reps/ reviewers buying and using the new Aptus-II 12 and Aptus-II 12R backs.
I know there are many people here who are interested in seeing what this new product is capable of and do not have an easy or immediate access to it. Some simply like or need to see what the current top-end sensor/ back/ lens technology can deliver as they consider it over competitive products (for example a multi-shot camera)

The idea is to provide raw files, however at this point in time the software required for opening them is not published yet, so initially we will have to do with full size processed images

Here's the first one available for download:

http://mbf.me/rj5q

Enjoy, yair

David K

Workshop Member
Thanks Yair, I've been looking forward to seeing more files from this new back. The resolution is amazing.

tjv

Holy smokes, that's some huge resolution. You can see the woman is smiling across the river!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Yair is having trouble with these free public servers but he is trying to upload for me to post these up. Give it a little time and I will have them up.

Guy Mancuso

Looking at the Exif data ISO 80 shutter 1/125 80mm lens my guess a LS at F10

More detail than you can shake a stick at

KETCH ROSSI

Thanks Yaya, and Guy,

looking forward to play with the Aptus 12 ;) just now struggling with the format, sine i Had fallen in love with the wide format of the Aptus 10,
but I see the Aptus 12, has a bit more pixels even on the wide range, so even cropping the Vertical lines, will still give me a wider image size then the Aptus 10,
decisions decisions hehe.

BradleyGibson

Thanks for posting, Yair.

All, I purchased a 5GB/48hr download rights to the site where the files are hosted, but obviously won't be able to use all the capacity in that time. You are welcome to use my code to access these files for as long as it remains valid.

Download access code: FF48HPP116226885

Guy Mancuso

The original file Yair uploaded to Idisk is a 8 bit jpeg coming in at almost 229 mg.

Interesting the file size is 10320 x 7752 pixels
or
34.4 x 25.84 at 300 dpi. I need a bigger printer. LOL

Just for fun at 16 bit it is a 448 mg file

SergeiR

thanks for posting them, guys.

*sighs* more and more i feel like selling off my current extra bodies and backs and getting new Aptus.. Still wont cut the cost, i guess, but will make dent in budget much smaller ;)

thomas

It would require only 200% enlargement to get my standard print size...
And no enlargement when stitching.
I want one!
Sooner or later...