The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus 1.0

robsteve

Subscriber
Hasselblad just released Phocus 1.0. I think this may be the first full version and not a Beta. Unlike the Betas, this one seems to work with the DMR files. You still need to use Flexcolor to import the DMR files into the 3f format and the scratchpad, but once you get them imported, close Flexcolr and star up Phocus. Your imported files can now be worked on in Phocus.

Robert

dhsimmonds

Robert
What advantages does Phocus offer over the latest Flexcolor release?

I have gone back to using Flexcolor in preference to C4.1.1 or Lightroom at the moment.

robsteve

Subscriber
The workflow/controls are more Lightroom like and quicker to work with.

The biggest difference is probably the selective colour tool which lets you select a colour in the image and then make adjustments to just that colour in the picture. You can do it multiple times with multiple colours.

I also noticed that it corrected most of the cast I was getting when using the 28mm PC shifted.

Robert

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Robert - what about color with the DMR? You have always said that Flexcolor gave the best color (especially red), still true with Phocus? Do you see any difference in the files between the two?

robsteve

Subscriber
The color still looks good. I notice that Phocus has a Leica LUT table in part of the installed files. The import from DNG is still done in Flexcolor. The files look the same in either application and with flexcolor on your system, you would have the LeicaDMR profile. I assume Flexcolor must tag it with the profile in the conversion to 3f.

BTW, Phocus is Mac only so far.

Robert