The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Nikon Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd

This is an impressive image on several levels. There is a powerful sense of motion associated with it, despite the fact that it is a 2-dementional, static image. The composition of the shot adds to that feeling. Additionally, the color of the water is startling... what an amazing blue. Also, there is an almost abstract quality here, which is most strongly conveyed to me by the spray in the air, and the matching white foam on the water. Together the image almost takes on a sense of something quite beyond what is seen at first blush. I kind of sensed that when I first looked at it, but it came more strongly with repeated viewing. Very interesting work. :salute:

rayyan

This is an impressive image on several levels. There is a powerful sense of motion associated with it, despite the fact that it is a 2-dementional, static image. The composition of the shot adds to that feeling. Additionally, the color of the water is startling... what an amazing blue. Also, there is an almost abstract quality here, which is most strongly conveyed to me by the spray in the air, and the matching white foam on the water. Together the image almost takes on a sense of something quite beyond what is seen at first blush. I kind of sensed that when I first looked at it, but it came more strongly with repeated viewing. Very interesting work. :salute:
Lloyd, I am grateful to you for taking of your time to provide me with your
kind comments.

Indeed sir, I visited this place for many hours at a time, many times. I felt
something, I don't know what..but I would come back again. Nice, serene village. One just heard the waves crashing on the rocks.

Thank you very much my friend.:salute:

rayyan

Splash! Looks refreshing Rayyan! All the water around here is frozen!

And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.
Tim, thanks. Indeed, that 50/1.8 is one of the best values anywhere!

But I want to hurry here, to see what Jorgen does with that lens!!:D

Yes, the 50mm 1.8 is really a steal. Even the bokeh is surprisingly pleasant most of the time. It can be used for taking photos of girls :D

D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

... or salads for those on a healthier diet :ROTFL:
Ah yes..the salad and the lens. Very appetizing indeed my friend. Very!:thumbup:

Only one week offline (took the chance for a little bit of nordic skiing before spring will hopefully arrive soon) and much too many extraordinary pictures to quote and comment in particular; simply great stuff from all of you - thanks for sharing!!!

And this is not art. It's just me being completely surprised by a lens that cost $119—new from BH—the plasticky-feeling-light-as-a-feather Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8D. Holy cow! This must be the anti-Leica lens in terms of cost and build, but the performance is pretty amazing.

Tim: As Lloyd, Jørgen and Rayyan already stated, truely a steal that lens, though some pros and cons (as with each other lens).

So here are two more examples (in order to show the the limitations/drawbacks as well - and for sure also those of the photographer:)):

"Herald of Spring"

D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f/2.8

"Bonjour Tristesse"

D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f|2.2

Thank you for your interest and best regards.

Lloyd

Only one week offline (took the chance for a little bit of nordic skiing before spring will hopefully arrive soon) and much too many extraordinary pictures to quote and comment in particular; simply great stuff from all of you - thanks for sharing!!!

Tim: As Lloyd, Jørgen and Rayyan already stated, truely a steal that lens, though some pros and cons (as with each other lens).

So here are two more examples (in order to show the the limitations/drawbacks as well - and for sure also those of the photographer:)):

Not seeing any "limitations/drawbacks" on the photographer's part here. Nice work Hermann. (BTW, we also spent the weekend Nordic skiing. I'm stiff and sore today!)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
You folks are way ahead of me (as usual) re: the 50mm. And obviously making excellent use of it (nice shots Hermann and Jorgen). Although I should have gone for the optional, patented, Jorgen "Girl Magnet" lens shade. :p

We're right in the middle of the kind of weather I hate the most. 30 degrees F and rain. It builds on the trees and eventually limbs and trees come crashing down. Often taking the power lines with them.

This is everywhere!

Best,
Tim

Not seeing any "limitations/drawbacks" on the photographer's part here. Nice work Hermann. (BTW, we also spent the weekend Nordic skiing. I'm stiff and sore today!)
Lloyd: Re: "I'm stiff and sore today!" As I understand, that's the aim of exercise, isn't it!? :D

And then again some fond memories:

D 700, 70 - 300 mm/4.5-5.6 G @ 125 mm & f/9

And one more from my "rented" front porch :D

D 700, 14 - 24 mm/2.8 G @ 20mm & f/5

Thank you for your interest und best regards.

Lloyd

Lloyd: Re: "I'm stiff and sore today!" As I understand, that's the aim of exercise, isn't it!? :D

Hi Hermann. Well, I'm not sure it's the aim, but it's certainly often the result. :)

Really nice shots, and a spectacular setting. :thumbup:

You folks are way ahead of me (as usual) re: the 50mm. And obviously making excellent use of it (nice shots Hermann and Jorgen). Although I should have gone for the optional, patented, Jorgen "Girl Magnet" lens shade. :p

We're right in the middle of the kind of weather I hate the most. 30 degrees F and rain. It builds on the trees and eventually limbs and trees come crashing down. Often taking the power lines with them.

This is everywhere!

Best,
Tim
Tim: I'm absolutely confident, that we won't have to show you, how to enjoy your new lens. A very nice close-up!

shtarka1

Yes, the 50mm 1.8 is really a steal. Even the bokeh is surprisingly pleasant most of the time. It can be used for taking photos of girls :D

D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

... or salads for those on a healthier diet :ROTFL:

D700 with 50mm f/1.8 @ f/4.0

How True Tim & Jorgen Proves It Constantly!

shtarka1

This is everywhere!

Best,
Tim
:D Nice!

shtarka1

"Herald of Spring"

D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f/2.8

"Bonjour Tristesse"

D 700, 50 mm/1.8D @ f|2.2

This lens & these images look pretty fantastic to me!:)

shtarka1

Very nice Hermann!

bahr

Hi guy's,

I am relatively new here but have been a very keen follower of this forum.

Love the Nikon. Been using nikon for a long time and will post some pics very soon for your viewing.

Sincerely,

B

Lloyd

Hi guy's,

I am relatively new here but have been a very keen follower of this forum.

Love the Nikon. Been using nikon for a long time and will post some pics very soon for your viewing.

Sincerely,

B
Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to those pics! :salute:

bahr

Being a noob to this forum i thought i should make a reasonable selection of my work for
everyone.

I am a freelancer based in Dubai but born and lived in Scotland most of my life.

Images are shot on D2xs and the lovely new D3x (joyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

Status
Not open for further replies.