The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Stitching Adapter (M645 - 4x5)

Anders_HK

For sale is a stitching adapter which was custom made for me per my own idea and design, for Mamiya 645 mount onto 4x5. Please note that it features an 118mm x 80mm Maxwell Hi-Lux groundglass focus screen on which the frame marks can be changed/remade using a sharpie marker. The sliding is to a tolerance of approximately 0.07mm which seemed sufficient for use with my Schneider 72mm XL and Rodenstock 150mm Sironar-N (both non digital), however using my Schneider 58mm XL it was difficult to achieve focus and I am uncertain if this was due to details on groundglass were simply too small or due to the tolerance of stitching adapter sliding. Thus I would recommend it for use with similar to my 72mm and 150mm or longer, however that some experimentation may need to be made, including if necessary shimming. The Mamiya 645 mount is also custom made and requires to be careful when having digital/film back attached and thus not to exert pressure or force. And yes, the Mamiya 645 mounting plate can be removed and rotated. Thus shimming could per say be made both under groundglass or mounting plate if at all necessary. I did not shim when using it.

This is a one of a kind and with large and bright groundglass. Apart from above reservations the stitching adapter seems to work just fine. As should be obvious by above this was an experimental design and requires care and understanding when used. It is sold as is with no warranty for it or its use with digital/film back. Thus the price is set on basis of it coming with a very high quality Maxwell screen which is very bright. I did not use it much because I found it tedious to use for landscapes and would recommend it for studio use and controlled conditions.

Price 850 USD.

Regards
Anders

Anders_HK

BUMP!!! :)

Please note that it has a large and barely used Maxwell screen! :D

Open to offers, or off to Ebay.

Regards
Anders

Anders_HK

Now on Ebay with starting bid at 695 USD, please make a search there. My login is same there.

Good luck on bidding, or press "but it now". :salute:

Regards
Anders