The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noctilux Rocks... (literally - concert pics here!)

vieri

The other night I went shooting "Bulutsuzluk Ozlemi", a seminal Turkish rock band and I brought my MP (loaded with Tri-X) & Nocti along my D3 kit. I must say I really enjoyed using it and had no problems focussing the Nocti @ f1. Here are some results, exposed around ISO 1600 and processed in Diafine:

More images from the shoot (including D3 pics) here.

C&C as always are most welcome.

s.agar

Vieri,

These are all very beautiful photos under extremely difficult conditions. Congratulations.

Seyhun

HansAlbert

Vieri,
all these photos are expressive in various ways, but when my eyes began to dwell upon them my attention was directed to the focused fingers in some of the photos – an alienating effect, because the fingers appear as the soulless bony tools in contrast to the impassionate music they help to create.
In one photo this effect is balanced by the trance-like expression of the musician's face – he additionally appears as being coalesced with his (out of focus) audience. As a result the passionate and the mechanical, fire and ice are united in a synthesis – for me one of your strongest concert images.

tollie

Workshop Member
What wonderful photographs.

Have you sent them to the band? Or were you working for the band?

vieri

Vieri,

These are all very beautiful photos under extremely difficult conditions. Congratulations.

Seyhun
Thank you very much Seyhun, I appreciate it :D

#6 is great. Maybe the only one you can´t take with the D3.
Thanks, glad you enjoyed :D btw, I didn't mean this post as showing pics that one couldn't take with the D3, it wasn't a comparison at all - I just I had my MP & Nocti and wanted to put them to some use & share the results with the forum, I thought it might be interesting :D I assume a 50 mm f1.4 wide open would held similar results on the D3 as far as general IQ on a computer screen... shall try it next time :D

Vieri,
all these photos are expressive in various ways, but when my eyes began to dwell upon them my attention was directed to the focused fingers in some of the photos – an alienating effect, because the fingers appear as the soulless bony tools in contrast to the impassionate music they help to create.
In one photo this effect is balanced by the trance-like expression of the musician's face – he additionally appears as being coalesced with his (out of focus) audience. As a result the passionate and the mechanical, fire and ice are united in a synthesis – for me one of your strongest concert images.

Hello Hans, thank you very much for the magistral interpretation, as always :D I am glad you enjoyed the pics and nr. 6 in particular, thanks again!

What wonderful photographs.

Have you sent them to the band? Or were you working for the band?
Thank you very much! :D As for your questions, the answers are yes & yes, actually... ;)

Nice work Vieri, like others have mentioned, image #6 is absolutely a winner.....great capture.
Thank you very much, your comment is very much appreciated :D

Hi Vieri,

A very nice series, thanks for sharing.

I love the focus point and narrow DOF in number three especially.
Thank you Clifford, I am glad you enjoyed :D